Viewing 22 posts - 1 through 22 (of 22 total)
  • 'What' Lock-on grips
  • z1ppy

Need to replace my brothers grips.. Would like to get something similar to to ODI (HC) Yeti grips (nice & wide with a chunky tread) but £20 for the whole set is just seemingly excessive as there’s lots of cheaper alternatives available.

I’ve seen the Superstar/NP grips last about 3 months before wearing badly on a friends bike, so though the wider “excel” (or Ragley logo) look good, I’m doubtful of there quality. Can say similar (lasted longer but not great) about the Bontrager ones I got for another friend too.

Sunline seem to fit the bill, maybe NC-17’s… anyone or should I stop peeing around and just get the ODI’s which I know work and last…

foxyrider
    Free Member

Got the larger SS ones and they are wearing well tbh 🙂

elaineanne
    Free Member

odi

GlitterGary
    Free Member

The large and the narrow Superstar ones are ok, got the large on 2 bikes and they are wearing at the ends on one bike, but had them on since April, so it’s to be expected. For the money they can’t be beat, you can get spare cartridges and end caps when they start to look tatty too.

loddrik
    Free Member

Odi Ruffians

z1ppy

I don’t like ODI’s ruffian’s, way too thin, rogues are now my personal grip of choice, but am not sure he’d like them that chunky, as it took me a number of rides to feel comfortable with them.
    He doesn’t ride much (nothing of late), this is a part of an overhaul of his bike to try and get back into riding…

I think the excels may be the choice, as above they won’t cost much to get replacement cartridges.

rocketman
    Free Member

You want some Race Face Strafe. Expensive but they are the absolute dog’s.

z1ppy

yep saw the strafe’s for the 1st time today while browsing CRC, as my ultimate non-lock on grip was the RF Good and Evil (I prefer lock-on convenience nowadays), they do look the dog’s but there also £23.

Just making a cheap overhaul into an sillily expensive job.

DaveyBoyWonder
    Free Member

A vote against the Ragley Logo’d Lock-Ons. Utter rubbish. Grip compound is quite hard and almost slippy.

When I change, I’m just doing it properly and getting some Rogues.

z1ppy

bugger those Ragley’s are seemingly from the same factory as the SSC’s

andycs

Clarks are cheap and work well.

GrahamS
    seth-enslow666
    Free Member

Specialized Enduro lock ons. Recommended on here when I asked the same question a few months back. Very comfy and also longer than the Odi grips I have used in the past. Look good in brown too!

atlaz
    Free Member

seth – that saves me a “what brown lock-on grips should I buy” thread.

wallace1492
    Free Member

Just stuck on some Lizard Skins….. seem fine so far

z1ppy

Graham no, as I’m not (that) old and broken or go touring… (nah I like std grip just fine)

Seth, can you get the replacement grip (cartridges) anywhere cheap, as those “XL” version look great (just like my rogues)especially for the price – nothing coming up on google.

MrTall
    Free Member

z1ppy,

I think i have some pretty mint lock on Rogues at home (but in brown) off a little-used bike that was split earlier this year. I could be persuaded to part with them for less than a tenner?

You know where i am if they’re of any interest.

stumpy01

atlaz – Member
    seth – that saves me a “what brown lock-on grips should I buy” thread.

Brown lock on grips? I went for these: http://www.hotlines-uk.com/Models.aspx?ModelID=15452 , although admittedly only because I wanted the gold bits to match my Barry White Inbred!

z1ppy

Brown… <chunders…> 😳

I may well take you up on that Steve, got any handlebars too? (may as well ask)
    Will make a decision and drop you a mail

GrahamS

Brown?

BioKork

rwc03
    Free Member

Personally I’d go ODI, once you’ve bought the lock on set, the grips themselves are a tenner to replace once they’re worn or if you want swap yeti for ruffian etc.

I’ve tried cheaper grips (token and another 8 quid grip) but they just don’t last, false economy in my opinion. ODI just seem to last and grip well, plus if you want to run them over the end of the bars for a bit of extra width you can, unlike the tokens which wouldn’t hold the bar ends in.

brakes
    Free Member

Sunline are my favoured lock-on grip – simple, comfortable, grippy, hard wearing, no gimmicks, available in 3 widths

Sunline Thin Grips

Viewing 22 posts - 1 through 22 (of 22 total)

The topic ‘'What' Lock-on grips’ is closed to new replies.