Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • What lightweight saddle?
  • LordJingles
    Free Member

After a new saddle as mine is a bit knackered. Any recommendations? Currently use a Gobi.

SLR's any good off road? How about carbon rails? Do they increase comfort or just for weight loss?

Cheers

J

JonEdwards
    Free Member

I run SLRs on my XC-ey bikes. Find them fine. Wouldn't bother with carbon rails myself – the Ti ones always seem to break eventually, so I would expect carbon ones to last less time.

Saddles are very much a personal choice though. If you have a Flite shaped arse, then you should find an SLR will work OK.

epicyclo

Light? I-beam I-Fly

gingerflash

If you're interested in the SLR, I'd suggest getting the older version of the SLR XC like this: –

The leather is thicker than the standard road version and the kevlar corners are worth having. I have XCs on two mountain bikes and they're great. The standard one on my road bike tore really easily, just leaning it against a wall.

njee20
    Free Member

Yes I used to wear through the cover on SLRs in about 4 months.

Phenom SL isn't quite as light, but is substantially more comfortable IMO. Otherwise wait for the new Toupe Carbon SL, looks very nice.

tazzymtb

if you want really light have a look on poshbike.com sub 100 grams saddles for the seroius weight weenie, every time i look at that sight I feel my credit card weep!

gingerflash

It's very much down to personal taste though. I have a Phenom on my cross bike and don't like it at all. Very little flex and the nose is really wide and flat.

clubber
    Free Member

As gf, it's entirely personal though I like phenoms and toupes though I've found the toupe too hard for long days on the bike (road and mtb)

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

The topic ‘What lightweight saddle?’ is closed to new replies.