Viewing 20 posts - 1 through 20 (of 20 total)
  • what lightweight, carbon sole mtb shoes?
  • singletracksurfer

need some new shoes and thinking of getting the Shimano M183N

hitman
    Free Member

what size – I might have some you could have

singletracksurfer

hitman
    Free Member

will have to look but think these may be a 45 or 46 but will check

njee20
    Free Member

Specialized BG Pro.

whytetrash

look at getting any of the Shimano custom moulded ones..M230's have been superb, most comfy ever, thought it was a gimmick till I tried it!

MisterT

IMO you can't do better than to invest in some Specialized ones… have been using them for last 5 years and they have been a revelation in terms of comfort and durability. (previously used Sidi, Diadora and Gaerne) – currently have some of the Carbon Comps (3 velcro straps) and some s-works (boa dial closures)
    the best bit is that they just fit so well. I have narrow heal and wide front foot, with high arch and high instep…. and using their green insoles are perfect.
    Shimano seem to suit flatter feet.
    Sidi seem to suit narrow feet.

Mister-P
    Free Member

The 183N is a great spring / autumn shoe as it has the filled in toe. Although in Britain that helps in the summer too. I love mine.

Kitz_Chris
    Free Member

Specialized BG Pro.

+10

lunge

Spec BG Comp, the one with a carbon sole and velco straps, really nice shoes.

corroded
    Free Member

Love my Specializeds…

RealMan
    Free Member

another vote for spesh.

blades2000
    Free Member

I have the Shimano M310's which are very comfortable and custom fit. I tried specialized shoes on the road bike and they just don't fit my feet as well as Shimano ones which is why I have custom fit Shimano road shoes also.

Ti29er
    Free Member

Spec' are simply great.
    Come up a tad tight (I have wide feet being a Hobbitt) so up the size, I'm a 44 now and a 43 with all else.

headfirst
    Free Member

spesh +1, use mine on my road bike too, very comfy

singletracksurfer

how do you custom mold the Shimano?
    Was planning on ordering them through a mate who gets a discount on Shimano!

fbk
    Free Member

I was just going to post a similar thread then saw this one.

I was looking at the sidi dominator or specialized. Are the custom fit shoes really worth the extra hassle ?

FuzzyWuzzy

Sidi Dragon 2 or Spesh S-Works, both highly recommended…

Surf-Mat
    Free Member

Spesh + 10 – use mine on my MTB and road bike and they are superb. The sole design is good for dodgy knees too.

whytetrash

FBK…in terms of extra hassle its 20 mins of your life for the comfiest shoes ever :lol:…mine really are ace, they pinch up round your heel especially…always used high end shimano mtb shoes and thought they were great…broke a buckle on my new ones and wore old ones…like clogs in comparison!…tried DMT,s Sidis and shimano road shoes so am familiar with other brands…only hassle is still waiting for replacement ratchet from shimano…since mid March :cry:..still using them as Revolution bikes sorted me out with a road strap that fits

Viewing 20 posts - 1 through 20 (of 20 total)

The topic ‘what lightweight, carbon sole mtb shoes?’ is closed to new replies.