Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 49 total)
  • What kind of creeps ride mountain bikes
  • mAx_hEadSet

on the Climachx today apart from the usual crumb trail of Gel's even before the trans wales turned up I noticed two very fresh inner tubes discarded alongside the finish descent to the car park… one of which is pictured below.

Are your bags and pockets so holy your religion prohibits you dirtying them with the signs of your spent pleasure whilst cycling..? if you committed any of the above crimes and are reading this why dont you f*** off back to the city and find a free underpass to snort your paint and glue.

CaptJon
    Free Member

How do you know they are from a city?

CaptainFlashheart
    Free Member

Indeed, and does everyone in a city snort paint and glue

OK, so that's not an acceptable way to dispose of a tube, I agree, but really…

whippersnapper
    Free Member

i was gonna say I know a rural dwelling chap who used to that kind of thing. Hopefully he's stopped now…

colnagokid

probably more like gas n glue 😉

Jujuuk68
    Free Member

Perhaps they fell out, the perpetrators didn't realise, no one died, and your a drama queen?

RealMan
    Free Member

Had a nastier find then that. Came across a root that was covered in blood, and used antiseptic wipes everywhere. Not very nice at all.

Although, may not have been a mtber, mightve just been a walker (although it was a pretty gnarly trail for walking..)

And do people actually snort paint? Maybe the fumes, but the actual paint? I cant see that being much fun.

brakes
    Free Member

I've seen squirrels doing that
    they didn't know I was looking
    but I seen 'em

scaredypants

Perhaps they fell out

I'd like to have seen that happen 😯

djglover
    Free Member

At least they popped it up there out of harms way.

abductee
    Free Member

Perhaps it was the vulcanising solution that made the urbanite forget where he was.

slimtubing
    Free Member

Being a mountain biker need not necessarily exlclude one from being a ****t. Dubya liked a spin and he was a proper cad.

jon1973
    Free Member

misdirected rant. 0 / 10.

spev

Call me weird but the OP has a point, Afan is frequently littered with wrappers and used tubes (I usually tidy up what I find) and whilst I can't condone the condemnation or blaming of city dwellers the point is valid. If you want to continue to use the great outdoors then do your best to keep it tidy.

luked2
    Free Member

I was on a 100 mile sponsored enduro a few months ago. Arrived at a water stop next to a farm shop half way through a very heated argument between the farmer and three MTB riders.

One of the riders had decided he needed to relieve himself (No 2) and had just got on with his business there and then, in plain view, by the side of the trail opposite the farm shop. This was about 200 yards from a whole row of portaloos provided by the charity organizing the event.

The farmer had provided him with a spade, but the riders seemed to be disgusted that he'd had the temerity to object to such a natural and necessary process.

To be honest, I felt ashamed to be riding a bike.

samuri
    Free Member

It's not unusual for riders (from the city, obviously) waiting to start cross races (for some reason I can't explain), to go for a number two behind a tree which actually leaves them in full view of everyone there. I've seen this at three cyclocross races now.

**** off back to your high rises!!

RealMan
    Free Member

Yes, but often at races the portaloos end up in an unusable state pretty quickly.

Hal
    Free Member

I have seen dog poo in bags hanging on trees,clever dogs where I ride 🙄 !

luked2
    Free Member

This was several hours into the event, with plenty of open countryside a bit further on.

RealMan
    Free Member

I have seen dog poo in bags hanging on trees,clever dogs where I ride !

Yeah, theres one trail we ride fairly regularly, and its also a dog walkers favourite. at either end, by the gate is a huge pile of bags full of dog s**t. Dog walkers obviously think that if they pick it up and put it in a bag, theyve done their bit, and its up to whoever to then pick it up and put it in a bin. Seriously if I ever catch someone doing this I am going to throw it in their face. It would be better to just pick it up and put it in a bush, where it would just rot.

mAx_hEadSet

jujuuk whilst you continue working out the amazing differences between your and you're… the new conti tube i picked up elsewhere to dispose of later, was aside the track and had a snake bite so unless it's arsewipe of an owner suffered a double tragedy on the day of both loosing a inner tube they had packed whilst failing to notice it had a snakebite well then kind of sinks your pisspour made point…

OK fair cop, not all city slickers are litter louts and of course farmers are eg who leave silage and fertilzer bags about everywhere. However the occasions I have encountered a biking litter lout in the act, they tend to get all defensive about their birth right to litter and the right of others to suggest they clean it up in accents most often associated with city areas of the North West or England. The farmers always tend to be local colloquial.

I presume those of you being humorously defensive of litter bugs also probably suffers the noxious traits of a person who relishes others telling racist jokes so they can snigger at them…

SeanOrange
    Free Member

The farmers always tend to be local colloquial.

I have no idea what this means! 😯
    I take my own shit home, can't stop other from not but would have a "word" if that type of business was witnessed. 😉

zaskar
    Free Member

2 Road inner-tubes fell out of my rear saddle bag and even though I rode back 15 miles to look for them they were picked up by someone who can make use of them know doubt.

I wonder if it can happen to other riders before you start swearing at other riders-you need to wise up.

Fair enough the tubes have snake bites. It is pretty naff to find rubbish lying around and I've filled a Tesco bag of litter picked up from Cwyimm carn yrs ago. They could have fallen out or chucked out.

You could have won so many people over with your posting;
    but instead you make fun of someone's spelling. Yes it can be annoying as in 'there' or 'their' but not everyone has the education or capability-should I laugh at you for not knowing what I know about Haematology?

I completley agree if they are dumped then there is no excuse but people do stupid things daily.

My point to you before you launch on me is that yes you observe things but you need to think of reasons why people behave in the way they do-there is always a reason.

But you if you start to think of these reasons you'll be wasting your time. Get over it, move on and relax.

Your actions enough should make you feel good about yourself and encourage others to also pick up their little and think of others.

kiwijohn

Just remember, if you sniff petrol, try not to get tasered. Woof!

mAx_hEadSet

Zaskar… bad spelling is often jibbed at here and I am as guilty of bed spilling as anyone jujuu however was poking an insult whilst badly spelling it so was fair game.

I am more than capable at telling the difference between trail side salvage and deliberate fly tipping. A lot of these trails are cut in areas that were remote countryside. Being involved in the process of their creation from trail free land we make a lot about the sustainability of making provision of mtb trails yet it appears it is frequently possible to harvest a skip full of rubbish off them. ClimachX was produced by EcoDyfi who are sustainability activists and provided decent recycling facilities in the car park. Some riders evidence points out to are that vacuous and self centred they feel as we are all doing our bit no one need bother with their filthy habits. The trail builders make no money from the facility it relies on an honesty box which I notice like the one at Penmachno is often ignored by departing riders. Why should the trail wardens whilst showing their care for the trails with drainage repairs be required to pack out a sackful of gels and old inner tubes.

I see no reason not to post about this on the forum and feel doing so has been worthwhile as the point has clearly been noted, caused some contention with a few, but probably read by a lot more who took the comment without need to disagree.

Raising the profile of the issue is very important and rather than being smug at picking up my own and others filth, if even one rider reading this decides from now on to quit the filthy habit of creating trail litter and make a conserted effort to pick up their rubbish I will be more than pleased at a days work. The forestry Commission spends £100,000 + a year across its estate clearing litter left by visitors, it would be so much better if that could be saved and spent on improving facilities to increase the publics enjoyment of the forest

IMBA Trail Code

2. Leave No Trace.

Be sensitive to the soil beneath you and practice low-impact cycling. Wet and muddy trails are more vulnerable to damage, so when the trail is soft, consider riding alternative trails.
    Keep to existing trails and don't create new ones.
    Take your litter home with you!

IMBA code for riders

hora
    Free Member

Thats one of those rubber trees?

nbt

I would agree with Max. If you brought it in, you take it out. the gel wrapper is now empty, the punctured inner tube is replacing the one that went in the wheel. Not hard is it?

one_happy_hippy
    Free Member

Winds me right up littering trails if you managed to carry it on to the trail you sure as cock can carry it off.

I filled two carrier bags with empty discarded bottled from the top of the Stile Cop DH trails last weekend. It really bugged me as a) its not as if they were full and heavy and b) We're DH'er so its not as if we are distance cycling and have far to cycle back to the cars.

The sprogs at my local trails get the fear of me put in to them in no short order if i catch them dropping litter.

neil853
    Free Member

mAx_hEadSet, totally agree, its just a matter of respect which i'm dissappointed to say seems to be lacking at certain if not most trail centres, but the more this is discussed the more it will be in peoples minds and hopefully a message will get through.

hora
    Free Member

ON a positive note. Ive lost wrappers out of my pockets before. Miffed but no idea where. Its only happened with new shorts/for the first time and rare. Imagine though- theres 500riders on a trail a day, 10% of these lose wrappers by accident/without realising.

I dont think its all malicious/intentional.

The innertubes though- you could use them for other applications, even if they are badly pinchflated. That I DONT get.

Smee
    Free Member

The selkirk merida route is littered with used tubes. Thanks for that you **** retards. Nowt like giving the local riders a bad name. If you are going to do that shit you can **** off and do it somewhere else.

flange
    Free Member

The amount of torq blackberry gel wrappers dropped on the course at Thetford on Sunday both saddened me from a litter perspective and also cheered me up immensely at the fact that I had the same gels as everyone else.

Swings and roundabouts

CaptJon
    Free Member

IMBA Trail Code

2. Leave No Trace.

Fortunately prejudice has little ecological impact.

hora
    Free Member

The selkirk merida route- Surely not all beyond repair? I'd pick em all up, take them home and own an inexhaustable supply of inner tubes. Lets not forget some people would rather spend 4quid on a new innertube than faff.spend 40p repairing one.

buzz-lightyear
    Free Member

Litter isn't necessary and I dislike it. Sometime it may fall out your pocket on a ride, and I can forgive the blood stains!

I found a punctured inner tube outside work recently – patched and in the spares box now 🙂

silage and fertilzer bags about everywhere

[rant] Not to mention derelict cars, barbed wired, ploughed paths not restored, tracks bulldozed by tractors and not repaired, attack dogs. I'm sure there are farmers who take land stewardship seriously but I've yet to meet them.

MrAgreeable

[rant] Not to mention derelict cars, barbed wired, ploughed paths not restored, tracks bulldozed by tractors and not repaired, attack dogs. I'm sure there are farmers who take land stewardship seriously but I've yet to meet them.

At last, a proper rant. Go on that man! 🙂

snowpaul
    Free Member

Hello

I am TOTALLY in agreement with OP – I am sick anbd tired of clearing litter up from my local wood on the biking trails – its gels / tubes / drink bottles so most likely bikers…. seen it in the peak too which is worse from a PR point of view as its a national park with a lot of potential anti biker walker types seeing it…

Trail centres which are bad for this are afan / marin. I rode across wales last year and one of the Xterra tri races had been run at afan a few days before = the place was LITTERED with used / unused gels / tubes – i was most unimpressed but i managed to find 6 unused tubes for the rest of the trip…

My local chav scalextric centre – llandegla is particularly bad for litter too… So yes i agree its often urbanites in their tracksuits from liverpool / chester / wrexham who are littering. It is really frustrating… however some farmyards are far from litter free too…

we as a community should stop littering our trails…

paul

poppa
    Free Member

joemarshall
    Free Member

I reckon my local woods are a bit cleaner because people cycle them – I don't think anyone else would take the broken glass off (it's a kids getting drunk place too).

Joe

grumm
    Free Member

My local chav scalextric centre – llandegla is particularly bad for litter too… So yes i agree its often urbanites in their tracksuits from liverpool / chester / wrexham who are littering.

You mean povvy scum as opposed to nice middle-class IT managers?

Was there lots of urbanites in tracksuits on the Xterra tri race you referred to do you reckon?

Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 49 total)

The topic ‘What kind of creeps ride mountain bikes’ is closed to new replies.