Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • what is the right rear shock for a 2006 enduro
  • renton
    Free Member

ive got the chance to purchase a 2006 enduro frame without the shock for a good price.

i was just wondering what the shock options are for this frame .

from the cheapest just to get it up and running through tothe most expensive .

cant afford it with the dhx thats fitted at mo but cant really let the frame go .

cheers

steve

petefromearth

if you want cheap, i’ve got an old 5th element which is off an 05 enduro. it’s not amazing, but it does hold pressure. on the 06 they changed it to a DHX air which is meant to be better

i have a DHX coil on mine, which is really nice and plush although adds a bit of weight. if you do find one the right length (222mm/57mm) it also needs to have the boost valve thing removed or it won’t fit in the frame, so they are quite hard to come by. i got lucky with a 2nd hand one that had hardly been used

petefromearth

to buy a DHX air or coil, i think its about £300 new, plus a bit to custom remove the boost valve

AndyPaice
    Free Member

“plus a bit to custom remove the boost valve ”

no need to remove it, just use the low BB shuttle and replace the metal valve cap with a flat plastic one.

I have an 06 enduro with a bust rear chainstay so you can have my DHX 5 coil if you want.

it’s a 2.75″ stroke with a 425lb steel spring on it. Used for about a year on a medium 06 s-works enduro with no problems.

You’ll need to use the low BB shuttle with it or get a reducer spacer fitted to take it down to 2.5″ stroke if you want to use the high BB shuttle.

drop me a mail to a_paiceathotmaildotcom if you want more info

renton
    Free Member

how much for the 5th element pete????

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

The topic ‘what is the right rear shock for a 2006 enduro’ is closed to new replies.