Viewing 40 posts - 41 through 80 (of 106 total)
  • What is the rarest component you own? Poss bike p*rn content.
  • mattbee

Rare but not necesarily any good.

Scott High Octane World Cup DH frame from 1998. So rare that the only thing about it I have found online re the adverts posted on here & pinkbike by the chap I bought it from! I’ll get round to a period style rebuild at some point. Would love to find the huge sofa saddle for it….

tonyg2003

I used to have a bottom bracket that had been installed on my bike by Graeme Obree.

But did the BB come from a washing machine??

I have a quill stem, Look Ergostem. Fairly unusual and most often seen on a trackie’s bike or my workbench!

julianwilson
    Free Member

Nothing particularly special myself, but my wife has those pink hope mono minis and a “only four ever made in that colour” cove to go with them.

irc

I have a paraffinn front lamp dating from the early 20th century I think. Belonged to my grandfather. Similar to this but in far better nick.

walleater

I’ve got one of those Gary Fisher top caps too 😀

aracer
    Free Member

That Hotta looks great, looks like a Campy groupset?

Thanks – it usually gets slated on here! DA 9sp – I’m guessing it’s the non-STI brake levers which made you think Campag, which leads onto the part on there which was very rare when the bike was new. It has DA 9sp downtube gear levers mounted to a bracket on the aero bars – built in early ’97 with some of the first 9sp stuff (of any variety) in the country, but I had to personally import the gear levers (bought from the late great Sheldon Brown’s shop) as Madison weren’t bringing them in, so I suspect they were the first set in the country. Still not exactly commonplace I’m sure.

goldenwonder
    Free Member

I’ve got a pair of green Middleburn hubs from around 97 & a pair of Caramba double barrel cranks.
    Also stupidly sold my Giant CX Prototype when I needed the money-still haven’t found anything that rode as well as that 🙁

bencooper
    Free Member

I have a set of Shimano Airlines – does that count?

bullandbladder
    Free Member

7-speed Crud Claw here, In period purple.
    Mk.1 Crud Catcher.
    X-Lite ‘Ski-bend’ bar ends.

wysiwyg, could I borrow that Mint key ring…? 😀

bencooper
    Free Member

Serious thought about the Mint keyring – how about scanning it and getting it 3D printed?

hairyscary

I have these. Not sure how rare they are though.

Magic Motorcycle by jojoA1, on Flickr

goldenwonder
    Free Member

bencooper – Member

I have a set of Shimano Airlines – does that count?

Blimey! Didn’t think any of those actually existed! Where did you manage to find it??

bencooper
    Free Member

Found it on eBay I think – the tiny regulators are very cool 😉

fatpostie
    Free Member

I have a pair of ringle peace straddle cables – I remember fondling them in a shop in Portland in 1995 having lusted after them for a while. Classic holiday purchase, one black, one purple. Now serving on my commuter!

AngusWells

I quite admire Shimano for having a go with the Airlines. Just shows that you have to fail with some ideas to find the ones that will succeed.

Anyway, I have a Circus Monkey lefty hub. Not difficult to aquire but I’ve not seen another.

midlifecrashes

Some Suntour Command shifters, new unused. Like thumbies for a road bike, gear levers to mount inside the brake lever, pre STI.Like this (googled a random pic):

YoKaiser
    Free Member

I’ve also got a pair of Command shifters, mounted here on a fillet brazed Salsa high rise stem, these are for the Ibis on page 1.

mrmo
    Free Member

not mine, but i do have a set. about as rare as you get i suspect.

ac282

Mavic?

mrmo
    Free Member

yes, mavic.

stevieeeh
    Free Member

mattbee: That is a seriously cool frame – Dual shocks?

Another member of the Shimano Airlines club here. Will dig up some pics if I can…

dannybgoode

Cateye cc-8900 quill stem with integrated computer:

Royce Hubs – mmmmm

Cheers

Danny B

stevieeeh
    Free Member

Shimano airlines kit:

Apparently these are fairly rare as well:

Finally a double front disc setup, made by the genius Millyard:

Northwind

I doubt anyone else on here has a Carrera Krakatoa Flex.

LenHankie

@ bencooper: Can we see more of that Brompton please? I’m intrigued….

Thrustyjust
    Free Member

My Pipedream Modro Ti Singlespeed. No serial number. Not sure how many were built, ridden most days of the week.

gravity-slave
    Free Member

I’ve got a machine tech silent clutch rear hub on my ’95 Zaskar.

Also got a brand new unused massive sofa saddle for a few quid if you want it for the Scott!

Ed2001
    Free Member

2 pairs of campagnolo delta brakes and a gios super record frame all in the loft waiting to be built up.Not super rare but nice vintage stuff.

richmars

I’ve also got a Hotta, but it’s been resprayed (before my ownership):

qwerty
    Free Member

Morati Ti fork for 26″ mtb.

2unfit2ride
    Free Member

Insignificant I know, but I own the original triple butted Pipedream press demo Ti frame, I wouldn’t of thought there are to many of them, I hope 😉

ajantom

Magura HS66 drop bar levers mated to Julie calipers, giving you hydraulic dropbar brakes.

twohats
    Free Member

I used have a Chris King/WTB Grease Guard headset that I got for free. I sold it roughly ten years ago for £50, which was a lot for a rough looking headset!
    It reappeared on Ebay a year or so ago and fetched £170!!!!

Back in the late 90’s, the bike shop I worked in had boxes of Grafton cranks and brakes that they couldn’t give away due to the V brake/disc brake revolution, so we binned them!!! Crazy to think how much they’d be worth now!?

ratherbeintobago

I did have a Shimano Altus compact triple (38t big ring) until recently – should be rare as they were apparently recalled in 1995 due to a manufacturing fault that meant they might snap…

I have a horrible sinking feeling there is still one on my mum’s Trek hybrid.

TheFlyingOx

I’d say the frame on my XC bike is fairly rare: Pronghorn XC-SW Carbon
    Having said that, the frame on my AM bike is fairly rare: Pronghorn PR6 Trail…

Brother_Will
    Free Member

SRAM 9.0 SL hubs with the rarer still disc brake adapters. I imported them a few years after production from Germany and have never seen another pair in use.

SRAM 9.0 SL by Tyred Cyclist, on Flickr

NorthCountryBoy
    Free Member

Not really rare, but you dont see many about

my 1966 Moulton deluxe 4 speed

before

after

Brother_Will
    Free Member

Oh i like that moulton, is it difficult getting the suspension parts?

richmars

What about a custom Roberts frame, for 650 wheels?

shandcycles
    Free Member

hey @ajantom

Magura HS66 drop bar levers mated to Julie calipers, giving you hydraulic dropbar brakes.

did I have a conversation about that with you at Bespoked???

Viewing 40 posts - 41 through 80 (of 106 total)

The topic ‘What is the rarest component you own? Poss bike p*rn content.’ is closed to new replies.