Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 106 total)
  • What is the rarest component you own? Poss bike p*rn content.
  • gmex619
    Free Member

I’m just curious. We see alot of things across forums. Depending where you frequent. But whatbwould you say is the rarest thing you own?

Pics too would be great.

So come on people. Bring out those Disc drives. Soft rides and bow-tis and show off!

I have a pair of HED downhill rims. Soon to go on my Ti 456.

Also a GT branded prototype carbon (thermoplastic) flat bar in a retro 580mm length.

Pics later when I’m on the computer.

stevied
    Free Member

The front light and helmet light I use are one of a kind as I made them myself. I don’t think there’s anything currently available that gets close to the 8000 lumens of my bar light…

Sanny
    Free Member

Browning Electronic Chainset – in the box – made by Suntour. I appear to have at least two of them. Go figure!

scaredypants

I have some things that are rare by virtue of being really old but otherwise, **** all 🙁

one_bad_mofo

My Vicious Cycles Groover, one of only two that I know of to be in the country. At one time I owned a one-off On-One Ti, SS cyclo-cross bike, too. Oh and I have a pre-production pair of SPD compatible Vans shoes. 🙂

gmex619
    Free Member

Those lights are cool.

Never heard of that chainset though..

I’ve been offered some NOS Hope stuff and a NOS Mektronic groupset.

eyerideit
    Free Member

Gary Fisher top cap.

nedrapier

I’ve got a Dekerf/Roberts/Yates collabo frame.

Non bikey – a few handmade pocket watches. One from 1770 or so.

aracer
    Free Member

Serial number 6 IIRC, and I don’t think they made many more after I got mine. I’m 100% confident it’s the only one in that colour.

Regarding smaller parts, my rarest is probably an Erikson Gizmo.

benslow
    Free Member

Browning Electronic Chainset ….

That really is from the past, had forgotten all about them.

bencooper
    Free Member

Rare? Well I just built what is almost certainly the only twin disc Brompton kit in the World 😉

I don’t own it, though, it’s off to London. I do have a prototype Brooks Swallow on a bike though.

gmex619
    Free Member

My GT Carbon bar.

The HED Rims (with hubs tubes and tyres for my build. BNIB Pro 2 Evo’s for £110 the pair!)

crispedwheel
    Free Member

Bike-related, probably an original ‘crud claw’ – red anodised, with both 7 and 8-speed ‘claws’. nice idea, didn’t really work very well or was necessary though.

gmex619
    Free Member

That Hotta looks great, looks like a Campy groupset?

Also, that twin disc setup is cool as! Think you should get some of the Bombers with twin IS mounts though!

crazy-legs

Not really a component but the rarest thing I’ve got is my Saracen Kili Ultra titanium:

Only ever seen one other and that belonged to Mike ‘Jesus Jones’ Edwards, in fact we raced together a few times. Never seen another.

By the way, it’s for sale if anyone is interested…

bristolbiker
    Free Member

Pair of Hayes HMX-1 hydro-mechanical brake calipers. Regular brakes cable operates a master cylinder in the caliper body. Both need seals, which I’m sure I now have zero hope of finding, but can#t bring myself to get rid of them.

makeitorange
    Free Member

Ben Cooper – Any reason for the twin discs or just a novelty?

bencooper
    Free Member

I didn’t ask 😉

gmex619
    Free Member

That Kili should go on RetroBike if you want too sell mate, it should fly!

Love the look of the older Saracens.

eyerideit
    Free Member

My guess is instant death by faceplant.

Beagleboy

My Jaspa was only the 3rd one they’d sold when my wife bought it for me last October!

Frame is a replica of a 1920’s track bike with Brooks B17 saddle, and Brooks hand wound leather grips. Hub brake on the front and a 2 speed kickback, coaster brake hub on the rear that still tries to kill me everytime I go out on it. It doesn’t half fly though!

Or, my Hope Mono Mini levers are anodised blue with ‘Beagleboy’ laser etched on them. Can’t be many around like that! 😆

bencooper
    Free Member

That is lovely…

aphex_2k
    Free Member

I’ve got an alloy Avid Rollamajig. Sitting in my toolbox doing nowt.

ericemel
    Free Member

True Precision Stealth Poacher hub

Oh and a Solitude cycle frame!

nickc

I’ve got a crud claw!! Didn’t think it was rare or owt!!

Had a robin Mather modified Inbred that was one of two that he added a disc mount to, back when he didn’t have a waiting list as long as a Leonard Cohen song.

smokey_jo

I’ve got a U.S.E. version of a DCD and some very odd Suntour 7 spd underbar shifters which operate on a push/pull twin trigger basis

StirlingCrispin

I used to have a bottom bracket that had been installed on my bike by Graeme Obree.

Sold the bike (an Emmelle Cortina) to a friend for £10.

wysiwyg
    Free Member

BNIB mint keyring

LS
    Free Member

I’ve got a 17cm stem from an early Cannondale Delta-V. Funnily enough, I don’t use it 😀

sharkattack

These aren’t mine but it’s bloody hard to find a picture of them.
    I had some of these things for years. They came fitted to an Orange Mr.O

They were one of the first things I ever sold on ebay and they went to South Korea for £220. I was staggered by the bidding war at the time but I slightly regret it now.

YoKaiser
    Free Member

My Ritchey Team Comp, handmade by TR himself, the fillets are lush and it rides like a dream.

YoKaiser
    Free Member

Very early Ibis frame that I need to get the finger out and finish!

scruff
    Free Member

Dark Cycles Bashguard, been on about 7 frames.

Drac

A working set of Avids.

andeh

Certainly never saw anyone else with any 😆

meehaja
    Free Member

red shimano DX V-brakes. lovely they are and apparently quite popular with the retro crowd?

Daffy

One of the last Klein Attitudes ever made in near mint condition. It’s bloody lovely.

jameso

Wow.. that Ritchey )

YoKaiser has one of the nicest bikes ever seen on here imo.

amedias
    Free Member

eyerideit – Member
    Gary Fisher top cap.

I have a black one of thos top caps!

The rarest bike related thing I own is..er…my bike, cos the front end is the only one of it’s kind, and the back is made out of half a pretty rare bike anyway…

BTR Fabrications Maschup

I have other not so common stuff too, a Bontrager hardtail, old (not team) green hope bits etc, but I woulnd’t call them rare, just uncommon.

Oh I also have a prototype Cotic Soul with an EBB… think it’s the only one of them?

oldkit56
    Free Member

I have a Gios compact road bike in White not reprayed that I know of
    Also My Merlin XLM 13-1/2″ frame
    Cheers Kit 🙂

Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 106 total)

The topic ‘What is the rarest component you own? Poss bike p*rn content.’ is closed to new replies.