Viewing 28 posts - 1 through 28 (of 28 total)
  • What is the correct amount of cheese to put on a cracker?
  • Kevevs
    Free Member

I’ve just realised that over the years my cheese to cracker ratio has significantly increased on the side of cheese. It used to be a nice neat sliver of cheese, with plenty of visible cracker around the cheese. But now I just mound it on like Richard Dreyfuss with the mash potatoes in Close Encounters. I’ve just got through a serious amount of cheese and only half a pack of poppy and sesame thins. It’s getting stupid, I just did my shopping yesterday morning(gorgonzola, stilton, goat, brie)and now I’ve got no **** cheese. I’ve got some philadelphia, but that doesn’t really count.

dunno why I typed that!..

Elfinsafety
    Free Member

You cheeseless wonder! 😀

andrewh
    Free Member

I just did my shopping yesterday morning(gorgonzola, stilton, goat, brie)

I went shopping too yesterday morning too (bread, milk, a horse, baked beans)

Kevevs
    Free Member

Laugh it up. Y’know, It used to be you could come to this place with your problems and people would help you out.

PJ266
    Free Member

I went shopping too yesterday morning too (bread, milk, a horse, baked beans)

Class hahaha.

Elfinsafety
    Free Member

No it’s true it’s not funny. 🙁

Plenty of people got problems with their crackers and cheese.

Sue_W
    Free Member

Kev – it’s not just the amount of cheese, it’s getting the cheese / cracker / wine balance synchonised … if you’ve got left with excess cheese on your plate, you need to get more crackers, but then you end up needing more wine to go with it. Trouble is that gets repeated – it’s hard to simultaneously finish your cheese, crackers and wine … so the inevitable effect is I end up a bit pissed and full 🙂

Right, off for a road ride now, so please can we have an easy mountain bike this evening cos myblegs will be knackered! We could bin off the post ride pub as I have crackers AND cheese here, plus cold beer and wine 🙂

Kevevs
    Free Member

proper serious answer there at last from Sue. just kinda dipping my toe out there into the pool of cheese/cracker experience.

mrsconsequence
    Free Member

I’m pleased to read that other people consider the cheese to cracker ratio and its not just me being neurotic, some people just throw cheese on willy nilly..

That’s a mightily impressive amount of cheese you’ve gotten through..

Sue_W
    Free Member

Kev – I finished the cheese after you left … hangs head in shame at my lack of willpower … and now have an excess of crackers.

Thanks for showing me round the Orme tonight – sorry I squeaked like a girl when my wheels left the ground!

Kevevs
    Free Member

I’ve decided one thin layer, covering 70-80% of the cracker looks “normal”. It’s different when you are eating someone elses cheese though, you can’t just scoff the lot, that’d be rude. There are definitley rules here somewhere…

edit: no worries Sue, cheers for the cheese 😀

HermanShake
    Free Member

Take the Liebniz approach:

110% Cheese coverage.

Elfinsafety
    Free Member

some people just throw cheese on willy

😯

tazzymtb

some people just throw cheese on willy

forskinzola?

Elfinsafety
    Free Member

Tazzymtb; plumbing the depths and lowering the tone since, well, God knows when… 😐

tazzymtb

sorry elf, I’ll get my coat….it’s time for a ride anyway

yunki
    Free Member

seven

Elfinsafety
    Free Member

What do you mean, ‘seven’? You can’t just come along and just proclaim ‘seven’, like that.

You have to explain yourself.

BaronVonP7
    Free Member

Always place what you think is a reasonable number of cheese “vehicles” on plate (board if aspirational) then add 33% more. (+ 50% more, if crumbly cheeses.)

A mixed cheese plate requires some clever integration, I think, but i failed maths – got a U.

yunki
    Free Member

nine…? 😕

Elfinsafety
    Free Member

Sorry can’t accept that as an answer Yunki. 😐

snowpaul
    Free Member

just up to the point the cracker, err, cracks under the weight???

paul

barnsleymitch
    Free Member

The correct amount is, in fact, as much as I cocking well like.

sc-xc

This might be a good time to resurrect the ‘cheese/celebrity’ game…

who is this?
    [/url]
    PA by santacruzxc, on Flickr[/img]

binners

I’m sorry but the original question is wrong. Surely what you meant to post was “How big a glass of red should I pour to accompany my overloaded crackers?”

You seem to hav the ratio of cheese to cracker spot on to me

rj
    Free Member

The cheese should reach the edge of the cracker, but no further as that would be untidy. Personally I feel that any more than 2mm thick is unreasonably decadent.

coffeeking
    Free Member

3mm thick, whole surface coverage. Any less is a travesty.

fisha
    Free Member

I’m more a 6mm block in the middle leaving a decent amount of cracker space chap.

If it’s extra thick bit of cheese, I’ll stick a cracker on top and have a cracker sandwich.

Viewing 28 posts - 1 through 28 (of 28 total)

The topic ‘What is the correct amount of cheese to put on a cracker?’ is closed to new replies.