Viewing 10 posts - 121 through 130 (of 130 total)
  • what happens when you get old?
  • TheSouthernYeti
    Free Member

Awesome, eh? So much easier for remembering birthdays and only need to buy one card.
    I’m not sure but I think my Dad might have lied to my Mum as a way of getting into her knickers and has had decided it best to stick with the story.

molgrips
    Free Member

Is it so odd that i don’t know how old they are?

Yes.

And Yeti’s parents are twins, that is why he’s so hairy.

dirtygirlonabike
    Free Member

only need to buy one card.

tsk!

well its not that odd to me since its been like that for 30 odd years!

TheSouthernYeti
    Free Member

30 odd years

😆

Hug?… did I tell you my birthday was early January?

dirtygirlonabike
    Free Member

Fine, 31 then. I do know how old i am! 🙂

*accepts hug gratefully* No, Jan wasn’t the month you mentioned *goes to check through about a billion emails to confirm*

hilldodger
    Free Member

You start telling stuff to yourself, things like…

Long hair still looks good on you
    If I’d tried a bit harder I’d have been first XV, easy
    people are really interested in what I say, so I keep saying it – again & again & again & again

you start coming out with ‘teh’ and ‘tehy’ in a typing frenzy trying to prove your RIGHT
    You use out of date slang like ‘for the win’ and ‘simples’ but not in an ironic way
    You keep harking back to ‘the good old days’ which weren’t even that good
    You imgaine that a life spent ‘bumming around’ means you have some sort of valuable experience to pass on
    You mistake copy and pasting from the internet as ‘research’
    You think that having ‘the last word’ actually matters
    You don’t realise people are laughting ‘at’ you rather than ‘with’ you
    You forget that a flounce is forever not just for Christmas

😆

philconsequence
    Free Member

You forget that a flounce is forever not just for Christmas

😆

DezB
    Free Member

Now I’m old I listen to this sort of rubbish. What the hell? when I was younger I bought a Van Morrison album.

[video]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fk68dCUQjzE&feature=player_embedded[/video]

dekadanse
    Free Member

Erm, with the big 6-0 being but 2 months away, I feel………what the hell? Can’t change it, can’t fight it, but can find ways of ‘just being’ – to the max.

Am more physically fit than I’ve been for about 20 years, thanks to riding more. Not technically particularly impressive rider, and yes, I do fall off sometimes, and yes, it can hurt, but whatever – it’s just great to be out there, 2 wheels, suspension and rider interacting with the terrain and loving the wildlife and views. Never had much of a competitive streak, and that’s largely absent now.

And then there’s everything else – my passions and enthusiasm seem as strong as ever, and I feel more confident in my thoughts than ever I did in my 20s and 30s. Love wild music of all genres (WOMAD regular for over 20 years), love strange movies, challenging ideas. Am at least as leftie/radical as I was in my teens and twenties, and now less worried about speaking out against something that seems to me unjust. What the hell – why not? You only have one life!

And then there’s love and sex…….still seem to be interested in all of that, and still love women (though seem more capable of managing to be faithful than I did – perhaps having flings was partly a symptom of feeling insecure when younger, and always believing the grass must be greener……)

Hey-ho – just live it Phil!

BigJohn

It now takes me all night to do what I used to do all night.

Viewing 10 posts - 121 through 130 (of 130 total)

The topic ‘what happens when you get old?’ is closed to new replies.