Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • What front mech for slx double & bash cranks?
  • granny_ring

Assuming that the cranks arrive from Germany…..Do I need to use a specific front mech for a double setup or can I continue to use the normal mech that’s already fitted?

TIA

Tiboy

You don’t need one, but a mate who changed to a double specific one says it works a lot better…

dirtbiker100
    Free Member

from germany? have i missed a tasty deal on slx cranks somewhere?
    I’m planning on using my XT one… but now you’ve made me think a bit.

gcaster
    Free Member

I have an SLX double front mech and it works a treat!

johnikgriff
    Free Member

If you do for the SLX double specific (FD-M665) one, I’ve got a brand new (un-used) one in the garage I could do you a deal on. 😉

CaptainMainwaring
    Free Member

No, you will be fine with your existing mech. Adjust stop screw and lower a bit to allow use of lower gears on cassette. I’ll replace with double specific when my XT wears out and change to medium cage rear mech when current long cage goes belly up

hoochylala
    Free Member

dirtbiker100 – Member
    from germany? have i missed a tasty deal on slx cranks somewhere?
    I’m planning on using my XT one… but now you’ve made me think a bit.

See here ;

german crankage

I just bought a whole SLX 10sp groupset though from another german company for £180 delivered 😯 it all arrived safely yesterday 🙂

SLX cheapness

granny_ring

Thanks all for help think I’ll try whats fitted and adjust that first and see how I get on.
    John if yours is a high clamp type can you send a pic ta.

Northwind

Standard one is fine, SLX double is a wee bit better but is it worth swapping? Not sure, I swapped mine and I’m on the fence.

reggiegasket
    Free Member

I prefer the SLX double, to a std triple

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)

The topic ‘What front mech for slx double & bash cranks?’ is closed to new replies.