Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • What frame for 24hr xc race?
  • Paul-j

As above, I’ve done a 24hr trail running race but keen to give a xc race a go.

I have at the minute a 650b enduro bike, The thinking is do I stay with 650b as I have good set of wheels and selection of tyres? Then steel hardtail or short travel full sus?

Or go 29er full suss or hardtail?

Any ideas welcome.

thanks

Wookster

Something comfortable!! Depends really, are you going to go all out and race 24hr hour events endurance stuff? If so I’d look at a bike for that type of event only, a short travel FS epic anthem 29er etc would be a good start If not I’d ride the current bike and buy some event bling-ier wheels!! 8)

Bazz

If it’s a xc course and I had the option then I’d go for 29er FS.

fin25
    Free Member

Salsa spearfish

Kryton57

Jump on to Pedalon and buy one of the 650b Anthems for sale.

munrobiker
    Free Member

Giant Anthem

astormatt
    Free Member

Just ride what you have, unless you think you are going to be competitive and be top 1/4, no point building and spending money on a bike for 24hrs.

mikewsmith
    Free Member

Wheels will probably help too…
    Comfort, then efficency really. Depends on you and the course, I like my 100mm full sus my mate will go rigid ht ss

epicyclo

Supported or unsupported?

Supported – whatever you like.

Unsupported – rigid singlespeed. Time spent fixing mechanicals can’t be made up, and little jobs at dark o’clock take much longer than normal when your brain has faded. The simpler the bike, the less time lost.

steve_b77
    Free Member

100/90mm travel 29er FS for me

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)

The topic ‘What frame for 24hr xc race?’ is closed to new replies.