Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • What Forks??!!
  • tjr666
    Free Member

Ok so I have been wading through reviews and looking at forks seems as I will have my new Blue Pig frame in the next few weeks…

What do you guys reccomend for a budget of around £400 MAX? Looking for minimum 150mm travel (preferably adjustable though), one question is would the frame be ok with 160mm travel or would that be pushing it? (the specs say 130 – 150mm), also there is a colour requirment being either silver or white, not black! Also I don't think I want to go down the Fox route as they just seem stupid expensive to maintain. Something a little different would be nice…

Anyway any suggestions would be most welcome!

PJM1974
    Free Member

Rockshox Revelations or even the bolt through Recons.

tootin

Something a bit different eh…? Check out Maverick forks. Bit more off the wall

nbt

If you want white then the bolt through revelations for £235 someone linked to would be pretty hard to beat. 140mm pikes are good too 🙂

tootin

or on the other hand marzocchi adjustable travel

tjr666
    Free Member
    hungrymonkey
    Free Member

the revs for 235 are a) all gone, and b) a typo.

i ordered and got an email from cycle surgery saying that i ordered too late.

people who got them for 235 were bloody lucky!! total mistake on cyclesurgery's part.

i was gutted 🙁

i'm now looking to the US for some new forks…

tjr666
    Free Member

is the travel adjustable on the 2010 dual air revelations??

bol

Tjr666, the lyriks you linked to have the wrong diameter steerer for a blue pig I think. The dual air revs aren't adjustable, but the similar air u-turns are. Best option I reckon if you can wait and pick up a used set. Pikes have got to be a good cheap interim option though.

PJM1974
    Free Member

If you fancy something leftfield, what about a set of Manitou Minutes? Or Nixons?

PeteG55
    Free Member

Rutland cycles have always got some cracking deals on forks. I've been seriously impressed with RockShox lately and would probably consider either a Recon or Revelation. Lots of deals around.

mafiafish
    Free Member

What about 2008/2009 manitou minutes? Seem to get decent reviews despite their questionable peddigree, stiffer and lighter than pikes by many accounts. But they're only 140mm. Hardly any decent 150mm trail forks out there except the '10 revs and dt swiss jobs both of which cost large pennies. Maybe some float 36s?
    Edit. +1 for maverick DUCs. Easily self serviced and nice and light/stiff but need 24mm hub

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)

The topic ‘What Forks??!!’ is closed to new replies.