Viewing 8 posts - 41 through 48 (of 48 total)
  • What flat pedals are you running?
  • sunnrider
    Free Member

jonny rocky mountain
    Do the spank spikes feel/have a concave bed? Also does anyone know the size of them?
    I have tried nano’s and they felt too flat, I do like the feel of V8/V12 but a bit too thick?

The spikes aren´t concave but you have the option of leaving out the middle grub screws which would probably give you what you´re looking for.
    A solid review here: http://www.bikerumor.com/2012/01/26/long-term-review-spank-spike-pedal/

Zoolander
    Free Member

Just fitted some v12s this week. Not used them yet though. I’ve only ever used spds so it’s going to be interesting (I’ve bought shin pads!)

bwaarp
    Free Member

The Spanks are concave, the inner grub screws are a little shorter than the outer spikes. If you wanted an even more concave shape all you would have to do would be to take a grinder or file to the grub screws. Simples.

Northwind

MG1s and Nanos… Both very good, I think the MG1s are better value and the Nanos are slightly better performing.

MG1s aren’t weak, they’re just not tough. Mine are a wee bit out of shape, the outer pins are all wonky too, but they still work perfectly.

OTOH magnesium cage Nanos are a pain in the proverbial, nothing else sheds pins like them. They’re light and grippy though but not for the rock-smashers.

Those Spikes look mint…

GlitterGary
    Free Member

I use cheapo Wellgo v8’s. They’re only pedals, never give them a second thought.

andermt
    Free Member

I’ve been using a set of Truvativ Holzfeller for about 2 years and they are great, had no maintenance on them with a lot of miles and they give plenty of grip.

Just had some DMR V12’s on my new bike, don’t seem to have quite the same grip level but still very good.

Bagstard
    Free Member

Nano’s for me, probably the best combination of price,weight,platform size and grip, especially for big feet like mine.

Zoolander, I’m loving that blue detailing against the frame, shame it doesn’t last though.

dufresneorama
    Free Member

Superstar ignite pedals here…couldn’t afford the nanos. They’re supposed to be the same as some other more expensive pedal.

Missing a bit of grip from the middle, but fine for what I use them for. Been fit and forget too, running smooth as!

Viewing 8 posts - 41 through 48 (of 48 total)

The topic ‘What flat pedals are you running?’ is closed to new replies.