Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 62 total)
  • What excuses did you make – NOT to ride today?
  • neverfastenuff
    Free Member

Excuse No1
    I had to go and order a birthday cake for my wifes 50th – its not till the end of August – But counting the number of (shopping / planning)days I have available till then I find that they are limited so needs must.

Excuse No2 – my riding mates on holiday.

Excuse No 3
    My other riding mate has no ride worthy bike..

badnewz
    Free Member

Hangover supreme.

jam-bo

i spent about five hours in the shed tinkering with bikes yesterday.

I started with three fully functioning bikes and ended up with four non-functioning bikes.

_tom_
    Free Member

Can't really afford the petrol to get to decent riding locations more than once a week – prefer to ride in the week as it's quieter. Had a quick (45-ish minutes) local ride but the stuff here is so boring its not worth spending much longer on the bike.

Yesterdays excuse was hangover/tiredness.

Haze

Big walk yesterday, running this morning, TdF this afternoon 8)

…and some ironing.

speaker2animals

1. I'm tired
    2. I'm really tired
    3. I did do 30 miles yesterday so I don't need to do a ride today.

But I did get up and go and do my ride. So feeling superior. Well just a little.

CaptainFlashheart
    Free Member

I had to work. 🙁

psling
    Free Member

Went christmas shopping of course. You do realise there are only 5 pay days to go before christmas 🙄

ps44
    Free Member

It was a windsurfing day.
    But I did manage a dark side quickie first thing while waiting for family to get themselves organised.

steveh

My collar bone is in 4 bits. I did get the turbo trainer set up tho and do my first half hour of boredom.

grtdkad

None! Crept through the house like a ninja* trying not to wake the missus and three kids up at 6.45am…

* fat, balding, geordie ninja! 😉

cranberry
    Free Member

Today is the second time in a year that I *have* ridden one of my bikes.

Not far.
    Not fast.
    Not fit.

But it was a very pleasant mixture of delight and pain.

ton

cos i am riding in wales next friday, saturday and sunday, so today i was earning brownie points…………. 😉

GJP
    Free Member

I fell off yesterday. Pride severely dented, and my ribs are far too painful to ride. Hopefully, they will improve over the next few days.

scuttler

Holmfirth Duck Race. Obviously.

RealMan
    Free Member

I got absolutely wasted last night. Woke up, felt horrible. Wanted to be sick. Made myself eat a banana and had some orange juice. Couldn't really eat anything else.

You would think I would go back to bed, but no, check the username. I got on my bike and did 60+ miles. Pretty hard and fast. Wasn't able to eat until the end though, I was too worried I would throw up all over my bike to eat anything while riding. Didn't drink much during the ride either.

So if you didn't ride cause of a hangover, MTFU.

Flaperon

I rode yesterday. And it was windy today. And I had a slight hangover. And the bike was dusty.

Gary_M
    Free Member

very tired legs this weekend, ridden 475 miles over the last two weeks with only last Sunday off the bike. Really needed the rest. seriously windy up here at the moment anyway.

sonik
    Free Member

my riding buddy snapped his leg on windy hill descent last weekend, and i have zero motivation for myself at the moment. 😥

redthunder
    Free Member

Recovering from an Op.

forge197
    Free Member

Drove a 1000 miles yesterday between myself and Mrs Forge catching up on some things will be gym or bike tomorrow though

grahamh
    Free Member

1) it was a bit windy
    2) I've already done 99.98 mile this week (target 100 miles) and I thought 'sod it'

becky_kirk43
    Free Member

Working today, and tomorrow morning. Need to ride soon though, must work out where I'm going though!

CrumpledCartlidge
    Free Member

so hungover that I thought I was dying

hopster
    Free Member

Recovering from a broken hip. Hopefully on a turbo trainer in a couple of weeks.

isitaboutabicycle
    Free Member

Mainly the howling gale and pouring rain. Otherwise, I have no excuse.

buzz-lightyear
    Free Member

Road ride yesterday. Too ill today 🙁

epicsteve
    Free Member

No excuses despite the high winds and driving rain. Got wet and muddy and enjoyed it!

PiknMix
    Free Member

Just come back from a 2 week geological map making adventure, no riding will be done today as I was pooped. I did however clean and lube my bike ready for tomorrow when I should have recovered 🙂

Hairychested
    Free Member

I went to vote (we had the presidential election pt.2), then took my sprog to Howth to show her some seals, drove along the coastal road back home where we fell asleep for over 2 hrs. Then I couldn't go again as it was the all-important sandcastle building trip time. Just got back, had a few pancakes, Guinness in the fridge. Clearly, too busy to ride.

bikemonkey
    Free Member

Brakes needing bleeding. Done it now though – no excuse next weekend.

uponthedowns
    Free Member

Stinking cold bordering on Manflu.

spandex_bob

Kipped at a mates last night after a wedding bash in Stavely, only space in car for fell shoes and some minimalist lycra, so apologies to the two guys who's day i probably ruined by emerging out of the mist on top of birkhouse moor dressed as a spandex-clad idiot. Was pretty mental weather, loads of wind and rain so biking would have been a bit daft.

trailofdestruction
    Free Member

Still recovering from a pretty nasty stomach bug, which has put me in bed for the past 3 days. Still don't want to venture too far from the bathroom. I was supposed to be doing the 100km marathon in Grassington, but had to sell my entry. Never mind, there's always next year.

On the positive, pay day means I can buy some new brakes, and I'm on holiday in a week. Could be worse.

smogmonster

'cos im sat on oilrig in Nigeria…but only for one more day. YIPPEE.

the-muffin-man

I had a raging hangover after too many pints at a local beer festival!!

oldgit
    Free Member

I started with three fully functioning bikes and ended up with four non-functioning bikes.

Which is a classic 😆

lyons
    Free Member

I didn't. I said I wasn't going to ride at all this weekend, due to cycling every day for about 20 days. Body is ****, but I still ended up riding both days. It's a proper addiction.

yunki
    Free Member

I might have missed the start of this evenings Big Brother

jemima
    Free Member

1. MotoGP
    2. Tennis
    3. TdF
    4. Awfully windy with squally showers
    5. Feeling tired and lazy

Despite the odds stacked against I still managed a great blast in the local woods :o)

Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 62 total)

The topic ‘What excuses did you make – NOT to ride today?’ is closed to new replies.