Viewing 16 posts - 1 through 16 (of 16 total)
  • What does everyone do post ride?
  • Bushwacked
    Free Member

After a good ride what does everyone do?

I normally get home and have to start looking after the kids when I get in, meaning I don't really get any time to rest / recover effectively until I go to bed. I'm wondering if this is the reason why I keep picking up bugs after most rides (especially as I rode this week, no kids for two days and I feel fine)

Does anyone have a routine they do when they get in? i.e. just spend the rest of the day on the sofa?

Keva
    Free Member

usually go on the pi$$.

BoardinBob

Crack one off

crocodilian
    Free Member

At the moment I have to clean the bike and myself before I enter the house or do anything! After this however, I have something to eat and drink and then usually go for a post-ride walk up the village or along the canal, seems to serve as a post-ride warm-down, I find it quite relaxing. How boring of me!

robgarrioch

Head straight for the kettle / biscuits, then enjoy a smoke before commencing cleaning… Been off fags for 6 weeks now though, & post-ride is maybe the most missed time (If I think about it, which I don't 🙂 )

nuke

Tea…lots of nice tea

Marge
    Free Member

After the obvious (cleaning etc) I do something with the kids…
    My good lady has been kind enough to look after the little blighters whilst I've been enjoying myself so I try to give her some space to do what she wants for a couple of hours…

It's difficult sometimes after a hard ride if your're knackered but it's just part of the deal I guess.

rOcKeTdOg

sneak out while she's asleep usually 8)

Jamie
    Free Member

Chuck stuff in washing machine > hot bath + read the papers > Relax

montylikesbeer

a "light ale" does the trick for me

jedi

i hang around with the riders and chat about the ride over chips and beer/drink

oldgit
    Free Member

Cuppa, Shower & jim jams.

Oh and flip flops

pixelmix
    Free Member

Stuff in the washing machine, shower, eat cake. Mmm, cake. After that I commence shopping for new shiny bike bits online which I can't afford.

Bushwacked
    Free Member

Jedi – that's the important part of the ride 😉

jedi

but the bit far too many don't allow time for.
    🙂

Bregante

clean and lock bike away
    gear in washing machine.
    shower.
    beer.
    eat myself into the ground.

Viewing 16 posts - 1 through 16 (of 16 total)

The topic ‘What does everyone do post ride?’ is closed to new replies.