Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 66 total)
  • What do you regard as 'dissapointing'?
  • binners

I’m thinking its when you’ve really looked forward to a curry after you’ve had a few beers and it doesn’t quite measure up. A bit greasy maybe?

Apparently in our in-touch-with-the-people PM’s world its unemployment hitting 2.5M, youth unemployment at over 1M and the highest female jobless figure ever. oh… and predictions from the CBI that its likely to hit 2.75 soon

Hmmmmmm. could have been better I suppose

Not enough for him and George to countenance a Plan B then? Dear God, no! Its just a bit, you know…. disappointing.

I really do despair in where these ****ing imbeciles are taking us!

ART

Well all of that and the fact that you can’t spell disappointing … 😉 this being STW ‘n all.

emsz
    Free Member

nice looking cakes at the supermarket. They always look so yummy, but when you eat them… 🙁

yoghurt, always disappoints

had to do spellchecker on disappoints LOL

CaptainFlashheart
    Free Member

Sushi. I always try it thinking it’s going to be great. It always fails to please.

So why do I keep trying it? 😕 No idea.

donsimon
    Free Member

nice looking cakes at the supermarket. They always look so yummy, but when you eat them…

Cake shops and the cakes in Spain always look spectacular and the cakes are always a let down.

iDave
    Free Member

My dancing disability disappoints me. If only…..

binners

Olives too. I just can’t see why anyone eats them. I keep trying them to see if I’m going to have some revelation and like them, but no. They’re just a bit …well…. rubbish really

DezB
    Free Member

Kasabian’s new album. I thought they were going to move back to their early raw sound, but it’s bland as hell.

PJM1974
    Free Member

New Labour.

Thread closed.

yossarian
    Free Member

oh Binners!

They are taking us in precisely the direction they’ve always wanted to.

Its another Eden where people who earn money through whatever means necessary will benefit and those who can’t keep up will drown.

Duggan

When you cook a microwave meal and go to take the plastic off at the end and it only rips around the edge.

No wait, that’s infuriating.

rOcKeTdOg

At least one of you lot voted for them, so stop wingeing

derek_starship
    Free Member

When you are just moments away from enjoying an explosive sneeze and the sneeze burglar comes along and nicks it. And you are left sniffing and staring at a light to try and win it back but the fizzing ebbs and you are left…well..disappointed

derek_starship
    Free Member

Most ready meals.

mastiles_fanylion
    Free Member

A beer straight from the fridge but it just isn’t quite cold enough.

TimP
    Free Member

Opening the fridge to find no beer

mastiles_fanylion
    Free Member

Opening the fridge to find no beer

Surely that is a disaster, not just disappointing?

sobriety
    Free Member

The sellers description of the wheel that I just bought on ebay.

camo16
    Free Member

Buyers who aren’t happy about my eBay wheel descriptions! 😀

drain

I think my favourite example of ‘disappointed’ was from a mate who was climbing at Stanage, on an HVS so not expecting a particularly technical route. He’d made about halfway up the climb with negligible gear placements 😐 and it looked from below that the next hold was a really big jug where he could hang out and place some good protection. When he went for it, it turned out to be a sloper 😯
    In a broad North Yorkshire accent, and in a wonderfully understated way, he said “I was disappointed”. Location humour I guess, but it still has me cracking up whenever I think about it. 😀

TimP
    Free Member

There is ALWAYS red wine in the rack so disaster is averted, but sometimes beer is best

willjones
    Free Member

Wheel shaped/sized packages that don’t quite fit in the back of my courier’s van, resulting in having to slam the door on them repeatedly to get ’em in.

Oh and +1 for bad curry.

CaptainFlashheart
    Free Member

Wonderbras.

binners

Hang on a minute. Derek has just owned up to eating ready meals! Ten minutes ago too! And no-one has yet castigated him for it, and sniffily and patronisingly given him a list of recipes for quick, cheap and nutritious meals to make himself.

Before they drop in an unnecessary additional comment about always shopping organic, never having been in a supermarket EVER, and ALWAYS baking their own bread

THIS ISN’T THE REAL SINGLETRACK!! WHAT HAVE YOU DONE WITH THEM ALL YOU MONSTER?!!!!!

D0NK

I had a dissapointing curry the other night, I tried the “fish curry” off the specials list, not anough flavours, a bit mild, absolutley ram packed with garlic, meat was nice but just a bit….mleh.
    Ah well.

mastiles_fanylion
    Free Member

THIS ISN’T THE REAL SINGLETRACK!! WHAT HAVE YOU DONE WITH THEM ALL YOU MONSTER?!!!!!

[applauds]

D0NK

Wonderbras

I think you may be confusing packaging and contents, common mistake. Altho to be honest any woman letting me see the contents off her bra (wonder or otherwise) I’m generally grateful and don’t go into “logos not lined up” internet style critique mode.

wrightyson
    Free Member

The England football team, circa 98 to present day!!

bigyinn
    Free Member

mastiles_fanylion – Member

A beer straight from the fridge but it just isn’t quite cold enough. Try getting some beer that doesn’t require chilling to within an inch of its life to mask any chance of some “flavour” escaping? Newcastle Brown and talking about you!

Disappointing is when you’ve geared up for a BIG day in the saddle on a mission to complete a circuit of the Island and there’s 40mph winds blowing off the sea preventing you from standing up, let alone riding. FFS

CaptainFlashheart
    Free Member

No confusion, Donk. It’s like when buying a large packet of crisps, only to discover that the packet is mostly full of air.

That’s very dissapointing.(sic)

wrightyson
    Free Member

Dez when did you get the new kasabian album? Didnt think it was on general sale till Monday???

hilldodger
    Free Member

When the increasingly rare :happy’n’helpful: interweb discussion gets Hit Big (or even Small) 👿

mastiles_fanylion
    Free Member

Try getting some beer that doesn’t require chilling to within an inch of its life to mask any chance of some “flavour” escaping? Newcastle Brown and talking about you!

Agreed – the only beer I ever ask for ‘off the shelf’ rather than chilled.

But during the summer months there is nothing better than a properly cold lager necked whilst cooking dinner.

CaptainFlashheart
    Free Member

Mastiles seen recently

terrahawk
    Free Member

opening the dishwasher to put something in then discovering that it’s full of clean stuff that needs taking out first.

binners

What’s a dishwasher?

MulletusMaximus
    Free Member

On a bikey note, when you’re really looking forward to a ride and you go out and find your legs feel heavy and don’t work as you’d like them too.

willard

binners – Member
    What’s a dishwasher?

My wife! *boom tish*

Morrison’s satsumas are disappointing. They look lovely and fruity, but every time I think I’ll have one, they taste either so sharp they make me grimace, or almost rotten and bland.

London. London is also disappointing, or at least it was yesterday afternoon. Too many people, too much noise.

CaptainFlashheart
    Free Member

binners – Member
    What’s a dishwasher?

Not married then, Binners? 😈

derek_starship
    Free Member

opening the dishwasher to put something in then discovering that it’s full of clean stuff that needs taking out first.

Yep agree with that. Same goes for the washing machine. Just about to put a casserole dish in and there’s a completed towel wash lying there all quiet.

Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 66 total)

The topic ‘What do you regard as 'dissapointing'?’ is closed to new replies.