Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 48 total)
  • What do you get up to on Christmas eve?
  • bigbob38
    Free Member

For me: Mince pies baking right now and off to a large family and friends gathering this evening, before trying to put the kids pressies under the tree whilst very tipsy!
    If I fall asleep before that point again or drop them all on the stairs again I might be single tomorrow 😯 best behaviour….

roadie_in_denial
    Free Member

I just fitted a new ignition coil to my car following a very emotional drive last night. All is well so far.

Harry_the_Spider

A bit of prep for tomorrow and some friends round once the kids are in bed.

buzz-lightyear
    Free Member

Been for a short snowy ride now just Chillin’

restless
    Free Member

making mince pies with the kids.
    pub tonight once they are in bed. 😀

futonrivercrossing
    Free Member

Just setting out for dusk/nightride. 😀

trusslebabes
    Free Member

Just chillin out at the in-laws before carol singing with other villagers around the local farms and stately homes on the edge of Yorkshire Dales 😀

Whilst this is not something i would normally choose to do it is very enjoyable and the good people of Yorkshire make us feel very welcome.

Merry Christmas one and all

gavtheoldskater
    Free Member

few last minute pressies for the wife this morning. home to freshly baked ham sandwiches. made some mayonnaise. ferried kids off to nan/granddad so we can stash the pressies that are hidden in the loft…nexrt job. just quickly fixed washing machine plug prob. checking emails now. removal of said pressies next then out for a quick 45/50min road ride (hav;nt touched a bike in 3 weeks) before coming home whence i plan to have another crack at ‘wish you were here’ plus getting my fingers around dominant seventh chords. finally when kids in bed crack open whisky, tub of marks n sparks large salted peanuts and a fabulous cheeseboard of 3 cornish cheeses.

donsimon
    Free Member

Uploading photos from a race this morning. It’s the rock’n’roll lifestyle that attracts me to photography. 😈

Pete
    Free Member

working tonight..

neilsonwheels
    Free Member

Cleaned my kitchen out. Cooked a curry for tonight and doing sod all else. My first day off in a while and can’t arsed. All the christmas stuff is sorted so the only thing left to do is crack open a tot. 😀

neilsonwheels
    Free Member

pete

working tonight

*in an elf/ Will Ferrel style…

SANTA…!

Pete
    Free Member

pete

working tonight

Santa.!!! ?

Nothing so exciting…

Creg

Crack open a few beers, watch a DVD (or a few DVD’s) and generally do as little as possible.

TheFlyingOx

Finished work last week, been doing various weddings, family visits, meals out, last-minute-shopping-dash, mulled wine at the German market plus some ice skating down the Princes Street Gardens rink. Off to meet mates from my old work for a few bevvies tonight, then wee nightcap with the missus, bro and mo-in-law.

I wish. 🙁

Working since yesterday until 6th January, so I miss every single bloody day of it.

MartynS

at work as well…. Should get away in the next hour and a half

O
    Free Member

At work too, finish at 4. No train home until 5.36 tho (fingers crossed they’re on time)

carbon337
    Free Member

Work, gym 15km bike weights and 5k run. Sofa with dog before family visit then pub. Xmas eve, done.

mooman
    Free Member

Just been out for a little ride – which took a very long time.
    Snow aint great to ride in!

Just watch a dvd and have a glass or two of this coaran reserve ..

Merry Xmas

rOcKeTdOg

deciding if i should defrost my turkey meal for one now, or cook it fom frozen tomorrow

emsz
    Free Member

Just chilling. Mad day tomorrow running about. Lunch at my mum and dads then supper at hers. So quiet night in in front of the telly. Maybe go out to meet mates at pub.

ton

long dog walk in a bit.
    then chill, chill and more chill 8)

geoffj

chopped some wood, stacked some wood, went for a walk in the snow with the mrs, carol singing at the church tonight, bottle of red on the go 🙂

beej

Work until 1pm (including a break for a haircut – which also included a 15 min bike ride each way), home, just been out on the bike in the snow for an hour and a bit, going off to jewellers to discuss a stone for my 40th birthday present, then home, a beer maybe, cook sausages and mash, eat sausages and mash, then off to pub for more beer with friends.

ditch_jockey

Just cooked up 2 haggis dogs and chutneep I bought earlier today, chopped up a load of wood for tomorrow while they grilled.

Now off to prep some veg for tomorrow, have a general hoover and tidy up and pretty myself up before the wife comes home.

Oh and I need to sort out all the little gifts I have for the wife’s stocking and wrap her present.

wrightyson
    Free Member

For about the last 13 or 14 years I’ve always nipped in to town for a couple hrs for a few quick beers! Mrs ws would then pick me up about 5, and home to have fun with the kids etc. Not this year though, shes really poorly and really upset coz me and the kids having fun down here in the lounge. Not a good start to Christmas, fingers crossed for tomorrow!!

Hohum
    Free Member

Signed on at midday 🙁

However, I reckon I only have to do it once more before I start my new job 🙂

Chopped up some carrots and parsnips to help the wife, helped to tidy up the house and in the last hour I have been having a few drinks.

Happy Christmas everyone!

gusamc
    Free Member

gf home about 6, get smart/casualed up, wander down village, drink in the codgers pub, then meal at gfs mates restaurant (and hope gf doesn’t get called in)….

lazybike
    Free Member

Get turkey, get mum, play uno, play football indoors till something gets broken, cook egg and chips, open xmas eve presents, eat xmas eve presents whist watching polar express, put two youngest to bed, move presents from garage to house…. sorry got to go its egg and chip time.

orangina
    Free Member

Had nice dinner planned with the in-laws who are up from England since a few days til Boxing Day. Christmas Eve is were in Germany the main celebration happens, so it is always special to me being from there. Unfortunately my dad-in-law had to be brought into hospital emergency wise this morning, so my soh and his mum are in hospital for an indefinite time tonight and I am here by myself. Main thing is the old man is in no immediate danger anymore but will have to go under the knife tomorrow.

warton
    Free Member

drink Cava with my wife and wrap presents and listen to / watch christmassy stuff. Warton Junior is only 7 months so that limits our options somewhat!

grantway
    Free Member

Finished work and now having Chinese with me family
    then seeing my dad in Hospital after having his
    appendix removed.
    Then Bed 😉

Bianchi-Boy
    Free Member

Worked today, all day, 2 x prison visits first thing, xmas food drop at crack house, hospital visit to a kid who has overdosed this afternoon. Switch off to the best job I have ever had. Long walk in the snow with the hound to chill. Home to xmas eve with the family.

antigee

kids to santa’s swim party and big breakfast this morning
    quick ride this afternoon

lagerfanny
    Free Member

Flippin metal caps off green bottles listening to Motorhead’s – ‘The World is Yours’

mcmoonter
    Free Member

Went riding today. Not a single last minute shopper for miles. Bliss

nicolaisam
    Free Member

Whisky for me.Bed soon,still have a cold.Missus has gone to bed as she has a cold,Little one dosent want to go to bed as she is “excited”

coolhandluke
    Free Member

sack work off at about 1pm, pick up a reindeer balloon and more wrapping paper, doss about for a bit, fit my 10mm bolt through axle to my Hope rear hub, watch Cars the film with the daughter, get a take away, open up the beers, post on here, wrap prezzies listening to crappy Christmas hits of past, open up the red wine and who knows what next but Santa has has some Armagnac and a mince pie left out for when he gets here. I think he will be disappointed, don’t you 😆

hamishthecat
    Free Member

Snowy ride over to Drewsteignton and down Hunters Path to Fingle Bridge earlier on – fancy myself for the start of the Mega now… Skipped the ride by the river as too much like hard work so came back on the road – less slippy than yesterday.

Afternoon tea with sloe gin with friends when I got back. Toasty evening front of the fire now with the family. Smugtastic. 8)

MrOvershoot

mcmoonter – Member

Went riding today. Not a single last minute shopper for miles. Bliss
    That looks flipping great!

Not ridden a bike since Nov 15th 🙁 Double hernia Op with post Op complications, still have dressings on.

Anyway I have made shed loads of braised red cabbage to go with the Goose tomorrow & pretty much everything else is done.
    In-Laws are well fed & watered, wife is tucked up in bed so its just me & the internet now 😈

Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 48 total)

The topic ‘What do you get up to on Christmas eve?’ is closed to new replies.