Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • What do you do with old PCs?
  • paul4stones

I’m a terrible hoarder and have at least 2 old PCs sitting about the house which will probably never be used again.

What do I do with them?

Pieface

Go to the tip and they should recycle them.

Wipe the hard dirve first though by leaving in a bucket of water

Kryton57

to add to the OP – I’m aware you can give then to charity, which would be my choice, but to embellish the original question, what do I do with the hard drives containing personal data (despite being erased I know it can be retrieved if required)?

Cougar

Coffee table?

It’s a problem. If they’re working, places like local youth clubs might well be very grateful for them. I got rid of several CRT monitors a few years ago by donating them to an after-school club. I couldn’t pay people to take them away otherwise, but the club tore my hand off for them.

Cougar

what do I do with the hard drives

DBAN.

Militant_biker

I personally take a drill to the hard drives, coupled with a big hammer. Very stress relieving.

I donated a load of computer parts to my old workmate, who butchered them for working parts, and recycled the rest. Have Freecycled one as well.

simon_g

Normally DBAN the hard disk and stick it on freecycle.

Creg

I usually end up giving them away to people, Freecycle (or Freegle or whatever the hell its now called) is a good one. Offloaded a couple of old systems recently to people wanting them for their kids for school work.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

The topic ‘What do you do with old PCs?’ is closed to new replies.