• This topic has 48 replies, 30 voices, and was last updated 12 years ago by DrP.
Viewing 9 posts - 41 through 49 (of 49 total)
  • What do you do with an iPad?
  • manitou
    Free Member

you could also do this with your ipad
    One of my favourite bands Moe, play a track on massed ipads.

myheadsashed

Apps – Profanisaurus 😯

willard

Our PA at work was telling us that one of the manager’s kids is so used to the iPad that he gets frustrated when a real, paper magazine won’t make the pictures bigger or smaller using the pinch gesture.

He’s two I think. Maybe younger.

CountZero

Well I’ve just realised something it won’t do – allow mini-aracer to play Cbeebies games (which is what he usually wants to borrow the laptop for). I’m becoming a sceptic again already, and mrs-aracer hasn’t even got it yet

Flash just isn’t designed for touch screens, I mean, how are you supposed to do a mouse-hover with a touch-screen?
    Even Adobe have finally, and belatedly understood this simple fact and are developing in HTML5. There’s plenty of stuff aimed at kids on the Pad/Touch that’s free I really fail to see how one silly game could be a deal-breaker. I don’t use Flash on my main computer, apart from very rare occasions and then I use Chrome. Flash and Java have big security issues and I don’t have either installed.
    Sadly, the Beeb are fixated on requiring bloody Flash on their site, which is what I have Chrome for.

aracer
    Free Member

I really fail to see how one silly game could be a deal-breaker.

Unless of course they’re the ones your kid wants to play.

I should point out that I deeply dislike Flash, and am actually quite pleased that Apple’s stance might make it go away, but in this case that’s beside the point.

GrahamS

Give the kids the laptop and play on the iPad yourself?

Or download some good kids apps? Our little one likes the Peppa Pig ones.

mastiles_fanylion
    Free Member

Or angry birds.

GrahamS

angry birds? Yawn. I am, like, so over that.

Just spent a most entertaining evening playing Infinity Blade on my new iPad. 😀

DrP

(typing on my new pad)
    I would say that, is time has gone by, my computing power requirements have gone dramatically downhill… That is to say, I no longer play pc games, rarely do hardcore photo editing, and video editing just isn’t a feature anymore.
    I had (and still have) a net book, which was a simple, low power, small machine that would fill my needs. Then that became a bit cumbersome and slow, so I thought about tablets.
    I’m an android fan, but tbh, I was never massively impressed with the android tablets (transformer prime being the one I’ve used) as it seemed a Bit…clunky….
    I got my wife an iPad, then very shortly got myself one as it was just ‘very good’.
    I’m sure the storage restrictions, and file transfer limitations will annoy me, but there’s bound to be a route/hack for that.
    What is great Is how good the !simple stuff’ is:
    Web browsing, YouTube, I player, mail -basically what I used the laptop for.
    The battery life is great, the fact that it’ immediately on when I open the smart cover means that checking my mail/stw takes half the time!
    I can touch type on the onscreen keyboard as fast as I can with a standard one (I may say, faster).
    I love how, if you’re watching an embedded video in stw, if you ‘stretch it’ it goes full screen, then you can shrink it again and you’re back in stw -no need to ‘transfer’ to the YouTube website at all…..

I’m just playing about with iPhoto, and will probably get the office suite stuff too as this will be my ‘presentation aid’.
    iBooks is cool -can dl the stw PDFs into it and have the whole back catalogue in your bag! Also useful for NICE guideline PDFs too ( work related).

I’m going to try to get some visuals on it, and a little drawing app, so I can use it with patients to explain their problems too…….

All in all, it’s a toy with a lot of cool uses (and plenty of unnecessary but cool uses too!)

DrP

Viewing 9 posts - 41 through 49 (of 49 total)

The topic ‘What do you do with an iPad?’ is closed to new replies.