• This topic has 98 replies, 79 voices, and was last updated 7 years ago by jeffc.
Viewing 19 posts - 81 through 99 (of 99 total)
  • What do you collect?
  • redthunder
    Free Member

Diggers

[url=https://flic.kr/p/TZdeKM]P1420766[/url] by SGMTB, on Flickr

[url=https://flic.kr/p/TZdeTc]P1420768[/url] by SGMTB, on Flickr

redthunder
    Free Member

Planes

[url=https://flic.kr/p/TZdf7Z]P1420769[/url] by SGMTB, on Flickr

redthunder
    Free Member

Toy Soldiers (Britains Deetail) plus a couple of oddities, you spot them.

[url=https://flic.kr/p/TZdftk]P1420770[/url] by SGMTB, on Flickr

Click for larger image 🙂

PS Anyone got a Foreign Legion Gunner in the loft by any chance they would like to part with 🙂

grey

Airguns for me, mostly rifles. Most could be described as projects.
    I’ll get round to sorting them all at some point.
    I’m in the middle of a nice Air-Arms TX200 project, just need to decide on finish. Traditional bluing or a coloured Cerakote finish.

coolhandluke
    Free Member

Watches.

A seiko, a yobokies, a Rolex, an Oris, a G Shock.

I’ve only got 2 wrists too!

Vinyl. About 200.

mikey3
    Free Member

50p and two pound coins,got quite a few(all had in my change),got the kew gardens 50p and as its not really a serious collection,just something that happened i’m thinking about ebaying it(seen them go from £50 to about £90 atm crazily enough, and going up),but i’m paranoid some chancer will buy it and raise a dispute saying its fake and send me a fake one back,paranoid I know but I really don’t trust ebay these days.Think i’ll keep it anyway.

Moses

Bike tat. Mostly obsolete parts which I don’t get around to either building, using or selling. Changing standards mean that most of the spare room is taken up with stuff of no current value but which was once expensive.

Tiger6791

Land Rovers
    (Which is a bit silly & expensive in Surrey)

chewkw
    Free Member

CountZero – Member
    Well, I’ve got a folding machete that was issued to US paratroopers during WW2, and a Kukhri from the same period, both of which belonged to my dad, but as he died when I was thirteen, I never found out exactly how he got them.
    However, he was an engineer with the RAF in Singapore, and was there when it fell to the Japanese, thus becoming a POW in Changi, and there were Gurkha guards there, I guess he acquired them when Singapore was liberated.
    I’ve no plans on acquiring any more, though, and they aren’t leaving my possession either.

Two good knives you got there with good story behind them too.

The folding machete is interesting because it is not commonly seen nowadays, Khukri is much common.

I want to collect SE Asia “survival” knives … well, more like utility do-it-all knives to be honest as most people there use it for gardening … 😆

prawny

I’m developing a collection of crap snow globes. The crappier the better. Got a great one on my desk at work a girl at work got me, the water is half gone and it’s got a terrible picture of the hoover dam on it. It’s proper tat.

Only a small collection for now, about 6.

TheGingerOne

I have a complete set of The Ride Journal which I guess became a collection as I had to buy each one that came out as I didn’t want to miss one.

TrailriderJim
    Free Member

12k songs on a micro SD card. A minimalist’s guilty pleasure.

zzjabzz
    Free Member

12k songs on a micro SD card

Oh yeah, .mp3 as well as CDs…

Tom_W1987
    Free Member

I’ve come by complete accident into owning a few drawings and pictures signed by W.E Johns, Johnnie Johnson, Douglas Bader and a Hurricane pilot (can’t remember the name) with 23 odd kills.

wrecker
    Free Member

I might take that kew gardens off your hand for a reasonable sum mikey3. No eBay chancers to deal with. Drop me a PM if you’re interested.

monde
    Free Member

Some serious watches there Jeff. You could probably by a bike company or two let alone a bike with that lot!

Love the Lange & Sohne.

stevemuzzy
    Free Member

Terry Pratchett books. I think i have them all including the unadulterared cat but I am sure there will be ones i just dont have. Oh and technic lego. Got heaps of the stuff.

TiRed

Odd socks. China mugs as I can!t abide tea not in a decent China drinking vessel.

jeffc

Some serious watches there Jeff. You could probably by a bike company or two let alone a bike with that lot!

Love the Lange & Sohne.

Yeah, it gets out of hand pretty quickly. At least they can be hidden away pretty securely – some of them are now worth about as much as my first house!

I really like the Lange also, the movement is incredible but it’s very under the radar so I can wear it any time with pretty much any attire. It’s currently away for routine service which I’ve been told will be 10 weeks just to get a quote. I’m expecting the quote to be in the ‘you could get a nice bike for that’ territory….

Viewing 19 posts - 81 through 99 (of 99 total)

The topic ‘What do you collect?’ is closed to new replies.