• This topic has 98 replies, 79 voices, and was last updated 7 years ago by jeffc.
Viewing 40 posts - 41 through 80 (of 99 total)
  • What do you collect?
  • crankboy
    Free Member

Slot cars , particularly vintage that I can tweek/repair.
    1/72 ww1 model aircraft , looks of despair from my wife.

Northwind

Flesh wounds apparently, and 26 inch front wheels

tthew

Northwind?

badnewz
    Free Member

Marbles.
    Wanna play?

kerley
    Free Member

Animals.

14 chickens, 4 cats and 2 dogs.

thestabiliser
    Free Member

The bins

cheekyboy
    Free Member

Other peoples nail clippings…………..none of them know 😉

infidel
    Free Member

DE razors – although I’ve not added to them for ages (since having kids!). In fact I’ve been meaning to sell off sone of them for ages, just not found the time (motivation really)

P-Jay
    Free Member

The tears of my enemies.

Harry_the_Spider

The ears of my enemies.

P-Jay
    Free Member

Bits of prostitutes.

mooman
    Free Member

The unintentional things I seem to have collected:
    Bikes – mtb/cx/road types
    Airguns – rifles and pistols
    Gillette DE razors – adjustables & non-adjustables

The intentional things I have collected:
    Whisky – various
    1st edition boxing books.

project
    Free Member

Thunderbirds models, the 1966 series figures.Theyre not puppets.

69er_Gav
    Free Member

Wine.

Sadly its as expensive as collecting bikes

redthunder
    Free Member

Britains Deetail Figurines. They are not toy soldiers 😉

Other things…

Archery kit.
    Model aeroplanes.
    Joel model diggers.
    And of course mountain bikes.

redthunder
    Free Member

And anything that looks useful from fly tips I ride past.

footflaps

Arc’teryx jackets it would seem, much to the wife’s annoyance.

I’ve got as far as all the Atoms, although I sold the LT Vest…..

Ming the Merciless
    Free Member

Dead bits of bicycle
    Aches and pains as I get older.

edlong
    Free Member

Hunter Thompson first editions – currently got 11 I think (although one’s cheating – it’s the first paperback edition, but I think that is the first UK edition so I’m counting it).

Started by accident – got a couple of (then) recent things in one of those remainder book shops that were a lot more popular 20 years ago than they are now. Then my other half came up with another one from a charity shop for peanuts and then I saw volume I of the thing I had Volume II of, and then before you know it my 40th birthday present came complete with HST’s signature and I’m a collector.

Recently diversified into Ralph Steadman rare prints (courtesy of the wife again, buying me a signed artist’s proof that I really must get framed) which seems like a good companion hobby to the HST thing, but with much more potential for ruinous spendiness.

and inner tubes.

MrOvershoot

“Fat”

Mostly round my middle & chins 🙁

My love of cooking, food & wine have spelled disaster for my weight.

squirrelking
    Free Member

The unintentional things I seem to have collected:
    Bikes – mtb/cx/road types
    Airguns – rifles and pistols

They do seem to have a similar tendency to just impose themselves in your life. I have a near complete Peugeot UO8 I got for nothing and I literally got given the Sterling as it was going to the armistice box otherwise.

chewkw
    Free Member

What do you collect?

For practical reasons:

1. Gillette DE razors or any well made ones.

2. Chef knives but I also want to start machete/survival knives collection.

3. Cooking utensils … :mrgreen:

mtbmaff
    Free Member

Use to know a real strange guy who use to collect pubic hair from the ladies toilets where we worked, he kept it in a large matchbox.

gofasterstripes
    Free Member

Broken computer screens and Lasers.

Oh, and failed dreams, obviously.

Houns

Oakleys. Pretty much packed it in now due to various reasons. Not quite reached 60 pairs

metalheart
    Free Member

Dust.

wrecker
    Free Member

Started collecting 50p’s for the boy. Got the royal mint insert books, the lot!
    I am even seriously considering forking out a (good) few quid for a kew gardens 50p and the original olympics collectors book. I figure that they aren’t going to decrease in value, maybe worthwhile for him in 20 years.

tomhoward

Wrecker, I don’t want to piss on your chips, but my dad did similar in mine and my sisters birth years (85 and 88) . They’re currently worth….

…nothing.

wrecker
    Free Member

Nothing lost if that’s the case though tom!

sobriety
    Free Member

Small Capacity two stroke motorbikes.

Yamaha RD 200
    Suzuki GP100
    Aprilia RS125R Extrema
    Aprilia RS125 Exrema
    Aprilia RS125
    Aprilia AF1 125
    Aprilia Pegaso 125

Two of them run, one of them is on the road*, the rest are projects!

Should be up to 3 running and 3 on the road in the next few weeks.

Lionheart
    Free Member

Interesting collections… I think best we call ourselves collectors, other wise it’s not good..
    things we have more than a normal number of: Motor bikes, push bikes, cars, engines, bike, car and aircraft parts, tools, books, wheels – stacks of bloody wheels!

CountZero

2. Chef knives but I also want to start machete/survival knives collection.

Well, I’ve got a folding machete that was issued to US paratroopers during WW2, and a Kukhri from the same period, both of which belonged to my dad, but as he died when I was thirteen, I never found out exactly how he got them.
    However, he was an engineer with the RAF in Singapore, and was there when it fell to the Japanese, thus becoming a POW in Changi, and there were Gurkha guards there, I guess he acquired them when Singapore was liberated.
    I’ve no plans on acquiring any more, though, and they aren’t leaving my possession either.

tommytowtruck

Jugs!

swanny853

Cloth badges. The sort you get in touristy areas mainly, you know, ‘keswick’, ‘the lake District’ etc. Started when i was a scout and it seems a shame to stop now as it makes a pretty good record of places I’ve been. Still sewing them onto the same blanket my grandad gave me.

Just about everywhere in france has them so have quite a few from uni summer holidays spent bumming around on the bike out there and you can usually find them in most places, just head for the shop most full of tourist tat.

My mum found an old swimming towel with my 50m etc badges on a few years back, they all dutifully got transferred over. Got a festive 500 and bear bones 200 last year as well!

benmotogp46
    Free Member

I used to collect Minichamps 1:12 die-cast ((MotoGP/WSBK/BSB) but stopped around 2007 as their prices got silly.

I have some of the rare Rossi models including 2004 test bike and original 2001 Mugello.

When I started the models retailed at £39.99 but now cost £100 each! Minichamps got greedy with success so put a lot of keen collectors like myself off as it was no longer financially feasible to keep up with their new releases.

thenorthwind

GPX tracks. They don’t take up much space, though they can be hard to acquire.

Similarly, maps old and new (they take up more space).

I also have a collection of The Ride Journal, which is satisfying because it’s complete and won’t need expanding ever (probably).

And a box of Simpsons figures in the loft from when I was younger.

kraken2345
    Free Member

Student debt

Alex

RC gliders. I haven’t flown any of them for about 2 years, so was surprised I appear to have about 11. Including some monster 4m wing span scale DG that I’m not sure I’ve ever flown.

When I’m too old to ride, I’ll rescue them from the rafters. At least there won’t be new ‘wing standards’ to worry about 😉

This is my fav tho, flown that loads

[url=https://flic.kr/p/9x7LfK]Simprop L33[/url] by Alex Leigh, on Flickr

zzjabzz
    Free Member

Mainly compact discs…

jeffc

I collect watches. Mostly old ones. If you think bikes can be expensive, I recommend not going down ths particular rabbit hole.

Instawotsit link

Viewing 40 posts - 41 through 80 (of 99 total)

The topic ‘What do you collect?’ is closed to new replies.