Viewing 4 posts - 81 through 84 (of 84 total)
  • what chain lube?
  • deadkenny
    Free Member

Yeah is odd. Must be road related. Though I get on bits of tarmac between trails sometimes, but it’s not in busy high traffic areas, just quiet country lanes mostly. Never have a problem with gunking up and black stuff, quite the opposite which is why I love it. As said, over apply and the stuff just flakes off on the outside which is intentional. The stuff inside the rollers remains which is the important bit.

I just “degrease” using a chain cleaner gadget with water and tiny dash of fairy liquid (yeah yeah, I know has salt and will destroy your chain. Well, it doesn’t and it works fine 😉 ). Dry, apply, let it dry and apply some more. Mostly now I just wipe off after a ride, and any mud still on just dry and wipe off, then maybe apply a little more squirt.

P.S. Important thing with any chain lube is to apply it to the inside of the chain.

chiefgrooveguru

I really like the Finish Line Green. Put plenty on, wipe off the excess before a ride with a rag or kitchen roll. I rotate chains now and again and clean them with paraffin. Sometimes spray some GT85 on after a wet ride to prevent corrosion when I can’t be bothered cleaning the bike but always wipe clean and put Finish Line on before the next ride. Seem to have bottles of it all over the place!

jeb

i tried almost all mentioned oils……..

Can only say CHAIN L oil

-just the best overall, apply and a quick wipe of before riding.

alex283
    Free Member

Well, I’ve used UBS for a while now and can’t argue with carlphillips, the stuff is great!

Viewing 4 posts - 81 through 84 (of 84 total)

The topic ‘what chain lube?’ is closed to new replies.