Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • Spicy into zesty and vice versa, all the information in one thread 2012 / 2013
  • dangerousdonald
    Free Member

Please feel free to correct me if im wrong as im only partly through the conversion.
    Im riding a zesty 2013 ost+ and upgrading to spicy travel!
    I’ve just bought /brought a ccdb air 215 x 63 (with 6mm eyelets)
    and 2012 spicy shock shuttle from ubyk (i was informed this remains the correct part for 2013)
    Iv been told the bearings for the shuttle are 6900-2rs.
    My problem is, what are the caps and that threaded pin thing called and where would i get spares from?

dangerousdonald
    Free Member

Just for clarity the caps and threaded pin thingy fit inside the shuttle!

bitterlemon
    Free Member

Hotlines should be able to help mate.

maxtorque

The shuttle, which is the “extension” for the shock to get it to the correct length to generate the correct wheel rate vs travel has two bearings, a cross tube, and two “end caps”. The bearings are press fit, and “Capture” the cross tube between them when they are pressed in. The end caps ensure the centre of the bearings is preloaded correctly. You will need the end caps and cross tube, the bearings are std 2RS bearings (sorry, can’t remember exact size at the moment). Hotlines should be able to source those for you, but be prepared for a wait ime…..

Of course you can just reuse you existing end caps and cross tube in the new shuttle. Even though i ended up with both, thinking i could swap between 140mm & 160mm easy, the bike rides so well at 160mm i’ve never swapped back in just over 2 years……… 😉

dangerousdonald
    Free Member

Fantastic news then it seems I’m set!
    Thanks for the in depth knowledge maxtorque!
    And you both for the quick replies

dangerousdonald
    Free Member

I dont suppose any one has good settings for the dbair in this application, tf tuned are sorting me a base setup!

maxtorque

dangerousdonald
    I dont suppose any one has good settings for the dbair in this application

How much do you weigh? I’ve got settings that work well for me, paired with a 160mm Pike RTC3 on the Front, at around 75Kg.

Had the DBair on my bike for coming up to two years now 😉

dangerousdonald
    Free Member

95kg riding weight! Had my old shock pumped to 190 psi! Iv got the same fork as you maxtorque( i currently use 1 token in the fork)? I suppose the big weight difference may make me alot different!?!??

maxtorque

I run ~65psi and 1 token in the Pike, and around 120psi in the Shock (don’t think there are any volume reducers in the air can). Will have to go check what damping settings i run

The 2013 Zesty at 160mm with Pike Dbair combo is a pretty handy bike, light enough to be fast up, composed enough to be fast down too 😉

dangerousdonald
    Free Member

Which way around do u prefer to mount it maxtorque?

maxtorque

On my carbon frame, if you mount it air resevoir up, it’s easier to adjust the settings, but mud gets stuck in the crevices around them, and on full bump, the air can juuuuuusst touches the frame.

If you mount it air can down, it looks a bit funny, but have no issues with clearance.

In terms of actual damping operation, there is of course no difference between either orientation.

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)

The topic ‘Spicy into zesty and vice versa, all the information in one thread 2012 / 2013’ is closed to new replies.