Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)
  • What bottom bracket?
  • MrNutt
    Free Member

was thinking of a hope ceramic (x-type) but now I’m considering one of them there Tiramic Token jobbies, any other suggestions?

kiwi_stu
    Free Member

I can recommend the Hope ceramic, mine has lasted more than 2 years and still going strong. Previous, I was going through a Shimano one every 3 months, Race Face lasted only 1 month…

nickc

Regular Hope steel bearing BB has lasted well in mine. I think it’s been in there for at least 18 months and I’ve not touched it.

MrNutt
    Free Member

oh and if anyone has one knocking around that they’d like to rehome (noty knackered please!) let me know 🙂

my raceface one’s lasted about 18mths, but then I rarely wash the bike, tend to just wipe it down, maybe that makes a difference?

thomthumb
    Free Member

shimano and when it fails bang in some enduro bearings from BETD.

Hope ones have their own proprietary bearing cover than enduro covers don’t fit so your left buying new ones of those too.

undapressure
    Free Member

Chris King. 12 months on and mines as smooth as the day I bought it.

giantjason
    Free Member

another vote for chris king.

have one on my commuter and another on my FS and have been faultless and still running smooth as day 1. in the last 12 months i have only greased them twice which was a very simple process.

MrNutt
    Free Member

hmmm ck are a tad pricey though, do they have ceramic bearings?

Nagasaki
    Free Member

Hope Stainless steel bearing BB has been great for >18 months now. Replaced a RaceFace one which lasted me ~6 months

Elfinsafety
    Free Member

Ditch all that junk and go back to square taper. I’ve had BBs outlast frames! 😮

UN52/3 FTW.

luked2
    Free Member

I’ve got a Superstar ISIS BB.

Too early to tell as it’s not yet seen any really nasty weather, but it’s survived about 500 miles so far. It’ll be interesting to see what it’s like next year.

MrNutt
    Free Member

i’m thinking the Token tiramic, anyone else use one?

elaineanne
    Free Member

hmmm my RaceFace(x-type) has lasted over a year ! 😉 :mrgreen:

grimey
    Free Member

i’m thinking the Token tiramic, anyone else use one?

Used one a while ago. Found it quite a tight fit on x-type cranks but very very smooth once installed. Didn’t take long to get gripey and develop play though. Not great durability.

Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)

The topic ‘What bottom bracket?’ is closed to new replies.