Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)
  • what bottle cage?
  • theflatboy
    Free Member

need a couple for the road bike, don’t want to spend an absolute fortune but something decent that isn’t heavy, won’t drop the bottles and looks nice. 🙂

ideally from this list:
    Sigma Sport Bottle Cages

as i need to get something else from these guys anyway!

headfirst
    Free Member

elite or tacx, take your pick

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middling Edition

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middlin...
    Latest Singletrack Videos
    theflatboy
    Free Member

they’re the standout producers of such things, i take it?

wwaswas

Elite have always ‘just worked’ for me, you can bend them a bit to get a really good fit on the bottles too.

headfirst
    Free Member

They’re what the pro’s use, although they’ll be using the expensive carbon versions.

I’ve got elites on my carbon road bike and tacx ones on my steel road tourer. I’d say the tacx ones are easier to get your bottle in and out of, where as they elite ones have a ‘death grip’ on your bottle if you’re worried about your bottle coming out over bumps/cobbles, not that that has happened to me with the tacx cages.

theflatboy
    Free Member

excellent, elites it is then. thanks!

ourmaninthenorth

Elite Ciussi every time.

theflatboy
    Free Member

any top tips on a couple of bottles to go with the cages, since there are a few well informed people here, or is that a stupid question?!

headfirst
    Free Member

get whatever matches the colour of your bike 😉

or go to probikekit and get their £2.50 specials: High5 bottle stuffed with gels and stuff, real bargain!

theflatboy
    Free Member

gotcha 🙂

transapp
    Free Member

I’m glad you’re asking – just about to do a race and can’t wear a camelbak over the sponsor logo’s so it’s on with the bottle cages for the first time in 15 years!

theflatboy
    Free Member

yeah i’m not really used to them either, been a while!

convert

breaks your rule about supplier but I’m partial to these:-

http://www.wiggle.co.uk/lifeline-titanium-bottle-cage/

Look nice on a ti bike and very good at actually keeping the bottle in place. Having said that I’ve still not plucked up the courage to buy two of them for my cross/tourer/winter do it all road bike yet at that price although it’s “crying out for them” or so I tell myself!

If not, Elite Ciussi are hard to beat.

theflatboy
    Free Member

ok thanks, i did go for sigma in the end so all set. got a couple of bottles cheap from there as well so worth a look, transapp – good service last time i used them too.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)

The topic ‘what bottle cage?’ is closed to new replies.