Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 106 total)
  • What Bikes Dont You Like
  • grantway
    Free Member

OK what bikes dont you like by Looks / Ride or even though you may not have ridden them
    This will be interesting

jedi

ones that are never used and get neglected

brakes
    Free Member

Mongoose freedrive bikes
    both to look at and ride
    I had one for 2 years = idiot

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middling Edition

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middlin...
    Latest Singletrack Videos
    4ndyB
    Free Member

I’ll put the kettle on

I’ve only got Bourbon’s though if anyone wanted a biscuit

CaptainFlashheart
    Free Member

Kona. I fell in love with the splatter Cinder Cone. The ride? Just not for me. It’s been the same wit any Kona I’ve liked since. Must be a geometry thing.

neninja
    Free Member

Looks wise – FS bikes with overly large rockers mounted horizontally on the seat tube ala Ellsworth Epiphany. It probably rides great but looks wrong.

On-one 456 Carbon is a visual crime regardless of how it rides.

this_wreckage
    Free Member

Anything by Mountain Cycle…

randomjeremy
    Free Member

I love any thread where Grantway posts. Any bike made by Orange, I mean just look at them

ton

this one

but sometimes life is a ba5tard, and needs must.

buzz-lightyear
    Free Member

coogan
    Free Member

Orange
    Canondale
    Ellsworth
    Kona
    Gary Fisher

to name some for starters

kimbers

those ones with skinny tubes, skinny tyres, drop bars, caliper brakes …….

loddrik
    Free Member

Singlespeeds..

RealMan
    Free Member
    stevede
    Free Member

Road bikes, to narrow it down further – my road bike a Giant Defy 4, i bought it a few months back to prepare for my JOGLE ride that i’m doing to raise money for CLICsargent. The only thing i like about it is the colour scheme, black, white and red. It’s boring and uncomfortable to ride, it’s a chore and road riding does nothing for me. Once i get to Lands End (presuming i don’t get run over) i’ll be selling it and never swinging a leg over one again! Was kind of hoping i’d enjoy riding it so i could use it for winter training but it’s just not happened.

forzafkawi
    Free Member

Canyon look like fantastic value for money and seem to be doing well in all the mag tests at the moment. That top tube just looks so wrong to me though.

kudos100
    Free Member

cyclocross bikes
    most road bikes
    most singlespeeds
    29’ers
    too many mountain bikes to list……

t-p26
    Free Member

On Ones and any road bike….because I just do, okay??

TheFopster
    Free Member

Orange 5.

I now everyone thinks they’re great. I know they must therefore be great. I know they’re probably better than my bike. But sorry – I’m shallow.

They look like a shonky lash up from a mad bloke’s shed.

There – I said it. Feel better now…

Northwind

Can’t really think of any. Never really got on with my Scandal but that was just because it didn’t like the 130mm fork.

higgo
    Free Member

Agree about the Ellsworth – really not interested in how well it rides but you’ll not get me near those long rockers – shame on me.

Can I confess an irrational hatred of all Easton componentry? Never had any of it on any of my bikes, never will.

An Ellsworth bedecked with Easton? <shudder>

robsoctane
    Free Member

Mongoose Freedrive again, they look wrong & the bloody bottom bracket moves???

Then again I’ve seen Chris Akrig ride one & he obviously does it some justice. 😯

muppetWrangler
    Free Member

Nicholai, Oramge 5, anything too industrial looking, just not a fan.

neilsonwheels
    Free Member

Supermarket bikes but to some a bike is a bike and a whole lot faster than walking to work.

tazzymtb

ellsworths, mavericks, all 29ers, singlespeeds,sinisters, carvers indy fab, all gary fisher designs, the original trek 69 in fact anything that doesn’t conform to my narrow world view as fed to me by lardy gnarcore mtb journos who have to fill magazines with their dribble for buffoons to believe

bullheart
    Free Member

Not a fan of anything in the Ragley camp. At all.

Apart from the TD-1. That’s okay.

rp16v
    Free Member

just cant get allong with any full sus bikes my riding style is far to bmxie and i just look like im having some form of fit,been on loooads of bikes long and mid term loans to open my options,closest iv come is a spesh camber but i still couldent live with it longterm.

tazzymtb

sorry bullheart you can’t have the TD-1 it’s got silly wheels and stiff frontage 😀

elaineanne
    Free Member

id like to know why most people dont like the look of the orange five…ok their not everyones cup of tea in looks but i luv mine and it rides well..it works and thats all that matters . 🙄

dont like ::

hybrid
    mondraker
    saracen
    santa cruz

xiphon
    Free Member

cyclocross bikes + 29ers.

timmys

Any GT iDrive bikes

Like lots of people it seems, I don’t like bikes with big rockers. I was going to quote the Kona Stinky as the prime example though.

… and the good old Orange 5. Though there is something I admire about their “Land Rover”-ness.

EDIT: Not a fan of Marin full-suss bikes either.

PJM1974
    Free Member

Hmm…the previous generation Spesh Enduro was a disappointment to me. Too spidery and fragile looking, especially after the solid 2005/6 bikes, even though the ones I’ve ridden felt fantastic.

My own personal disappointment was my Wolf Ridge in a size large. The medium and small are lovely looking bikes IMHO, the large just looks gawky and ungainly. Damn fine ride though.

Aesthetics are a funny thing. Large / XL sizes of the same bike can look dreadfully badly proportioned, not to mention some of the engineering compromises to cater for some of the more exotic suspension layouts out there.

Most improved brand aesthetically? Trek. The old ones looked like the sort of thing Ned Flanders would ride, the post 2007 bikes look very well resolved. I wish Specialized would learn from this and stop painting some of their bikes really gash colours.

tazzymtb

in all honesty, I can’t think of a single bike that I don’t like. Some may not suit my riding style or would be overkill for me to own, but all bikes are good as they make the world seem a better place when you ride them. Even being out on a nail of a rat bike is still better than no riding.

Ride and smile and have a nice cake and beer at the end

peace and love

bullheart
    Free Member

To be fair Tazzy, one of the Team Bullheart riders at MM had a TD-1. Its the second nicest 29er I’ve seen… 😉

tazzymtb

ahhhh so you had to be nice about it! I bet you like those awful vassago efforts as well don’t you 😉

Singletrackmonkey
    Free Member

fixies.

kudos100
    Free Member

don’t come here with all that hippy sh*t tazzy this is the singletrack forum.

bullheart
    Free Member

My Jabber gives me wood. It’s the rightest looking 29er out there, and rides like a training wheeled bike! 😀

tazzymtb

@kudos 100-man you can’t comment you are letting a FTW frame go, you great limp wristed yogurt knitting tree hugger 😀

saleem
    Free Member

Kirks, always hated them, horrible things

Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 106 total)

The topic ‘What Bikes Dont You Like’ is closed to new replies.