Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • What bike for £200.00
  • MrNutt
    Free Member

a mate of mine is after a bike, they're not looking at doing much more than the odd cycle path, shopping, commuting and occasional bit of easy singletrack. oh they're about 5.10 tall.

Now every time I start looking at bikes, builds etc I invariably get to around the £500.00 mark within about two minutes! can anyone throw some suggestions this way please? (2nd hand kit would be fine)

actually I've got a set of wheels (20mm bolt thru front) and stem, seatpost, saddle, pedals & bars kicking around so if anyone's got any ideas I'd like to hear them?

cheers

midlifecrashes

Appollo XC26SE in Halfords, way better than my first couple of "proper" mountain bikes, and you see plenty of them surviving trail centres with no bother. I've done a lap of Sherwood Pines on one, and there's nothing at all wrong with it apart from a bit of weight and slightly too narrow bars.

Halfords 50% off

warpcow
    Free Member

Surely with your added bits (if you're willing to part with them) a cheap frame and gears and you're sorted apart from the 20mm fork?

yossarian
    Free Member

MrNutt – I have handsome dog (v brake only) with rigid forks that would fit a 5ft 10 rider up in my loft. Its running a as 1 x9 at the mo but would be good for the purpose you describe

was going to break it up and put it on ebay, pm me if you are interested

rootes1

Halfords – Carrera Subway – great bikes for general getting around on, shops etc

simonlovell999
    Free Member

second-hand be better. likes cash converter or private ads. more vfm

ahwiles
    Free Member

kona smoke?

that's £200.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

The topic ‘What bike for £200.00’ is closed to new replies.