Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • What bike for £1200
  • voodoo_simon
    Free Member

Thinking of a new bike for about £1200, but not sure what to get. Currently riding a singlespeed voodoo but my knees cant take a third summer of this! I could put gears onto the voodoo but will probablybe keeping this as a singlespeed for those muddy rides we often get in the summer and its my main winter bike

Like to stick with the steel theme and have looked at on one and genesis, but is there anything else im missing out on?

Munqe-chick
    Free Member

Dialled bikes? The Prince Albert is £280 so should be able to get a decent build out of £1200. Uses a mix of Reynolds and basic cromoly. Mike from Dialled is a regular contributor on here and even answers emails on Boxing day!

http://www.dialledbikes.com/products/mtb/prince-albert.php

Pipedream? The Sirius frame is £350 so as above. Uses 853 for main tubes.

http://www.pipedreamcycles.com/sirius_2010.html

Do you want something more conventional XC oriented like the above, or more new skool long-travel gnarr like the Cotic Bfe, Ragley Blue Pig, Dialled Alpine, On One Summer Season etc

Mackem

Reckon your best bet is a combination of some of the good deals around.

If I had 1200 quid I think i’d be looking at the el cheapo 1.5″ steere FOX fork on CRC with a ragley frame with the good brakes for sale at on-one with the decent looking wheels you can get from superstar. Should have enough lef over for a decent drive-train, seat post etc.

racing_ralph
    Free Member

Blue pig

scotabroad

Genesis Core 50 for just under 1200 is a well specced trail bike, and I love mine to bits!! I am a big fan of steel and have a Prince Albert 853, and have had an Inbred as well. But dare I say the Core 50 gives a lot more smiles per mile 🙂

rob2
    Free Member

Carbon 456 -399
    Taper u turn revs – 269 (je james)
    Slx groupset + wheel – 450 (merlin with discount)

100 quid ish for finishing kit (exc headset and bars as in the on one deal)

Nice bike that I reckon

indiajazz
    Free Member

dave gale at chaingang cycles hereford built me a cotic soul for around £1300……..its kin lovely!!

voodoo_simon
    Free Member

cheers for the replies, had looked into those fox forks at CRC, so may well go down that as one of the options. Might keep with the voodoo to save some money and put lighter wheels and some gears onto it as i love riding it, then take the off for the winter.

Never thought of pipedream, so will be checking those guys out.

So many options… 🙂

Trekster

scotabroad – Member
    Genesis Core 50 for just under 1200 is a well specced trail bike, and I love mine to bits!! I am a big fan of steel and have a Prince Albert 853, and have had an Inbred as well. But dare I say the Core 50 gives a lot more smiles per mile

Can vouch for his big grin, he does enjoy this bike 😀

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

The topic ‘What bike for £1200’ is closed to new replies.