Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)
  • What BBQ? limited choice inside…
  • 2unfit2ride
    Free Member

Afternoon all, I’m fed up with replacing my BBQ every year because the grill is rusty, I want something that will last so I’m weighing up the options.
    Having owned a Weber 100Q for a good few years for camping purposes I appreciate the cast iron cooking surface (grate)for relatively easy cleaning & non rust properties, but I want a charcoal unit with a bigger surface for home use, so before I run out & buy a Weber CharQ before they sell out, is there anything else I should consider?

PS, it will stay in the garden all year round, but it will be covered.
    Cheers in advance.

leffeboy

Just buy a new grill?

headfirst
    Free Member

Forum search for weber bbq

2unfit2ride
    Free Member

Done a search, limited info, especially when you want a cast grill, & “just buy a new grill” only works once you have purchased a quality item with available spares.

Thanks anyway.

uplink
    Free Member

Just buy stainless steel grills and build your own

http://www.themeshcompany.com/acatalog/BBQ_Mesh.html

2unfit2ride
    Free Member

Thanks, but I want a cast grill, having owned one I don’t want anything else, sorry but I did say there was a limited choice…

willard

Weber all the time. Had our charcoal kettle (One touch Gold 57cm one) for ages and it has never missed a beat. Good heat, good cooking, gadgets galore…

Just buy one.

CHB

The stainless dancook ones in home base look good, waiting for a sale.

thejesmonddingo
    2unfit2ride
    Free Member

I thought you needed a lid to cook properly, plus the dancook one’s are as expensive as the Weber’s…

Smudger666

I have a

Outback Omega 200

and its brilliant – Year 4 and Its still grand. wood surround has paid the price of the last two winters but its still solid and cooks great.

joolsburger
    Free Member

buy a weber and one of these

http://www.cast-iron-grate.com/store/

Rochey
    Free Member

I second the Outback Omega 200, I need to replace my grill and charcoal tray but overall I love it.

uplink
    Free Member

I thought you needed a lid to cook properly

Why?

joolsburger
    Free Member

with a lid you can cook indirectly and it makes the BBQ much more versatile also you can smoke stuff..

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)

The topic ‘What BBQ? limited choice inside…’ is closed to new replies.