Viewing 17 posts - 1 through 17 (of 17 total)
  • What bars for my singlespeed?
  • thisisnotaspoon
    Free Member

Thinking ~700mm, flat and lightweight (and cheep)…………….

Quite like the look of truvative stylo SS world cup bars (£32), but they’re a bit dull, anyone make something comparable in (ano/polished) silver or (painted) Red?

tazzymtb

truvative world cup ss bars are fab and light I love mine.

if you want shiny element technic nickel polished bars are nice but they are 760mm wide so you’ll have to trim a bit.

sunline do an nice wide set of bars in various polished and grey finishes as well.

Niner male lovely 710mm flats as well

thisisnotaspoon
    Free Member

Think i’ll go for the truvatives and maybe spray them red, got some RF Deus rizers on there at the moment but really don’t like the look of them (I’m being a tart!) as my other bike has Nuke Proof flat bars.

Candodavid
    Free Member

Salsa Pro Moto, nice and wide at 710mm but with up to 17 deg sweep

tazzymtb

my salsa flat pro moto carbons were 660mm in both 25.4 and 31.8. Have they done a wider carbon version more recently or is it the alloy one that’s wider?

Might have to look into it

Shibboleth
    Free Member

🙄

tazzymtb

@ shiboboleth, is there a problem youth? or are you just being a nobber for the sake of it?

rOcKeTdOg

Shibboleth
    Free Member

tazzymtb – Member

@ shiboboleth, is there a problem youth? or are you just being a nobber for the sake of it?

Ooh, ooh, look at me! I’m niche!

“Which red or silver bars” would have sufficed… 🙄

Tom83

Blackspire 808 bars for £32 at CRC, in some funky colours. Cut them down to suit you maybe?

Candodavid
    Free Member

Alloy pro moto are the wider versions

MentalMickey
    Free Member

I’m in a similar situation as I want to replace some Alu bars which are low rise and about 640mm width I think.

If I go with riser type bars then perhaps these which has a 635mm width might be a better choice for a SS HT? http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=280513426831#ht_2427wt_1139 rather than those Monkeylite XC bars which are wider.

I was also tempted by those Truativ SS world cup bars but read one review stating they are nowhere near the advertised weight. (180 grams I think)

I have an 80mm length Thomson stem in the post so not sure whether to get Alu bars like above or carbon to match the stem, was looking at these as well as they are only £40 http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/EASTON-EC70-CNT-XC-Flat-MTB-Handlebars-RRP-75-2010-/270585512677?pt=UK_sportsleisure_cycling_bikeparts_SR&hash=item3f002742e5#ht_2379wt_1139 but 580mm wide, not sure if I will like the slimmer width, if I get them though, does anyone think they might suit SS style better, especially if I attach carbon bar ends?

Tom83

For my SS i use Deity Dirty 30 bars, 760mm wide iirc. Wouldn’t want to go too narrow, as the wider bars help with leverage on the hills. But i suppose it depends on your riding style and what the hills are like near you.

pop-larkin
    Free Member

Shibboleth- so you have a problem with someone showing a bit of enthusiasm about soemthing biking related on a biking forum??
    How strange!

MentalMickey
    Free Member

Thanks for that Tom83, I suspected width may help with the climbing, I’ll go for something around 700mm I think.

julianwilson
    Free Member

Ooh, ooh, look at me! I’m niche!

“Which red or silver bars” would have sufficed.

Really? Have you ridden a singlespeed up a proper hill with ‘normal’ bars, and then one with comedically wide flat bars? The second option looks really silly but is definitely better.

Perhaps ‘which red or silver silly-wide low-or-no rise bars’ would have been better then. 😕

singlespeedstu

Really? Have you ridden a singlespeed up a proper hill

Nah he’s never riden a singlespeed anywhere.

He can’t help posting on singlespeed threads though. 😆

Viewing 17 posts - 1 through 17 (of 17 total)

The topic ‘What bars for my singlespeed?’ is closed to new replies.