Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • What adjustable forks?
  • Elsa
    Free Member

I have recently purchased a Nukeproof Mega. This will be my one bike does all. My plan was to build it up with some Fox Talas 36’s. I wanted the adjustability of the Talas so I could put the travel down to 100mm for climbs and then increase it for descending. The Mega is designed to take forks with 150mm to 170mm of travel.

I am experiencing a problem with the Talas 36’s. Because I am a fairly light rider, I don’t need much air in the positive chamber. Because of this low pressure, the forks don’t return and rebound back when I turn the Talas lever from 100mm to 160mm. After speaking with TF, I have found that the Talas 36’s don’t really work for lighter people because of this problem.

Can anyone suggest some alternative forks for me to use instead? I have been looking at the Rockshox Lyrik Uturn and Sektor coil however the travel on these only goes down to 115m / 120mm. I’d ideally want it to go down to 100mm to make the climbs easier. Lightweight would also be good.

Many thanks

jambalaya
    Free Member

You don’t need the forks at 100 for climbing, just MTFU and get on with pedalling and sit forward a bit. FWIW I have 160mm Talas 36 and I rarely wind them down for climbing, I’m just too lazy.

z1ppy

I love adjustable forks, and have 4 sets, but never put them down by more than 10-20mm @ most. Reducing them much further it upsets the angle of the bikes, and cause it to feel like harder work to me (due to the steep seat angle????).
    So the new 2 step system from RS is a step backwards for me, U-turn only here.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

The topic ‘What adjustable forks?’ is closed to new replies.