Viewing 16 posts - 1 through 16 (of 16 total)
  • What a beauty
  • RealMan
    Free Member

Strangely from the the fugly bike thread…

That's beautiful. Corratec? Not heard of them before. What else did they make? Anyone own/owned one?

khani
    Free Member

finbar
    Free Member

I remember reading the review of that in MBUK. Probably 1996 or so. I wanted one SO badly.

tinsy
    Free Member

Yeah thats what I said and todays offerings look great too.

The XT kitted one on wiggle looks great value.

http://www.wiggle.co.uk/p/cycle/7/Corratec_Super_Bow_World_Cup_XT_2010/5360050248/

theflatboy
    Free Member

i remember seeing a few of those corratec double top tube bikes on the continent a while back… eye-catching!

RealMan
    Free Member

You're right tinsy, that is pretty good value. But its just not the same without that colour scheme is it? White and blue makes it look just like another lapierre or cube, ridiculously boring. Black tyres? Gay.

Wish you hadn't of shown me that link though, cause I still want it.

DezB
    Free Member

Saw a bloke win a world xc thingy back in the day.. was it the tour of Britain? on one of those. Thought it was hideous at the time. Still do.

tinsy
    Free Member

Ha ha, realman the new one kinda reminds me of my bike, my first thought was that frame will suit the rest of kit very well!!

But yeah your right its the massive colour overload on that first one that makes it special…

theflatboy
    Free Member

the top one looks like a rainbow's been sick on it 😆

Candodavid
    Free Member

Have a look at the Ti version, makes my palms sweat holding onto the wallet 😆

duntstick
    Free Member

More like it……… 😉

theflatboy
    Free Member

yeah that really is a beauty.

B.A.Nana
    Free Member

dig the whitewalls

goldenwonder
    Free Member

Distributed by Raleigh, they had some at Mayhem at the weekend, funny looking things that I've heard are nasty to ride, but couldn't possibly comment as haven't tried one myself.

mamadirt
    Free Member

Oooh I didn't see them at Mayhem. Remember seeing a guy on one there last year and it looked sooo fast. Wonder if they do frame only . . . hmmmmm . . .

Candodavid
    Free Member

Mama…they are very fast, snappy handling XCracer type frames.
    Tried the original a few years back at a Plymouth Grundig race, still hankering for one 12 years later

Viewing 16 posts - 1 through 16 (of 16 total)

The topic ‘What a beauty’ is closed to new replies.