Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • What 7stanes trail to do
  • hainman
    Free Member

As title says,i have a day off on friday and wondering what 7stanes i should head to.i live in clydebank,glasgow so recon most of them will be roughly the same distance to get to,i done glentress last year but spooky woods was closed so do i go there to try it or go some where new to me,thanks craig

nosedive
    Free Member

if you are north of peebles I wouldn’t pass innerleithen without riding it. it’s joint favourite for me with dalbeattie but that is further away for you

coogan
    Free Member

Innerleithen for sure. Loads of stuff there and Kirroughtree is just ace.

youngrob

Innerleithen and Kirroughtree are the best.

stevewhyte
    Free Member

There is no answer to this question hence why the topic should be closed now!!!

munrobiker
    Free Member

Inners, Kirro or Dalbeattie.

aluhrs
    Free Member

I second munrobiker

Northwind

If you’re sticking to the marked xc trails,and that’s the sort of thing you like, then Glentress or Kirroughtree IMO

If not, all bets are off, much more a matter of taste… Innerleithen’s dh and offpistes make it unbeatable for me but you probably can’t ride it all in a day, even if you know where they all are, and a lot of it wouldn’t be to everyone’s taste anyway.

turbo1397
    Free Member

Ae is also good..but i’d say kirroughtree

hainman
    Free Member

i do muchtrail centres to be honest but just because i have my daughter to watch most days and usually only get sundays to ride so so stick to local xc natural stuff but i will try anything.i enjoyed GT and been told inners is awesome so would realy like to give them all a try at some point.
    thanks for taking the time to share your thoughts,i might just pick one go for it and cross it off my list

tandemwarriors

Or alternatively, spend less time driving and head north to Arrochar and ride The Cobbler. Navigation is a doddle (leave car park, ride uphill. Stop when you reach the top at just under 3000ft, enjoy the staggering views, strap in for the ride back down). Finish with a beer at the Village Inn 🙂

Superb day out.

Rob

johnhe

Personally, I’d ride Glentress twice, rather than go for Kirroughtree. Kirroughtree is great, but Glentress is waaaay better IMO.

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)

The topic ‘What 7stanes trail to do’ is closed to new replies.