• This topic has 9 replies, 9 voices, and was last updated 9 years ago by ben.
Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • We're a family of Apple users, but I am drawn towards Sonus. Any reason not to?
  • Bianchi-Boy
    Free Member

We have a couple of MBP’s, a few iPads and all of us have iPhones. Oh and ATV as well. But I’m strangely drawn to the simplicity of a Sonus system for the lounge, dining room and kitchen. Any reason not to? Or should I go with Airplay.

If it makes any difference it will be used for R6music, MP3 playback, iTunes etc

Thank you for any help/advice you can offer.

Ian

engineeringcowboy
    Free Member

I have both. SOnos is hands down the best system. Also the app on your phone lets you que music. WTF can’t apple sort that out?

easygirl

We have sonos system, very reliable, easy to use, no brainer

CountZero

Not that I use it, but I’m pretty sure that Remote on my pad and phone allow me to queue up tracks to play.
    I could be wrong, or muddling it up with the desktop iTunes Player.
    I’m sat in a coffee shop at the mo, so I can’t check.

johnnyc

Not that I use it, but I’m pretty sure that Remote on my pad and phone allow me to queue up tracks to play.
    I could be wrong, or muddling it up with the desktop iTunes Player.
    I’m sat in a coffee shop at the mo, so I can’t check.

Yep, Remote does do that.

fanatic278
    Free Member

Airplay can queue music. I just did it.

Never tried Sonos, but Airplay works well for me and was a fraction of the price. I’ve got an Apple TV (£70) hooked up to the surround sound system in the lounge and a Airport Express (£80) hooked up to an old amp (free) and some cheap speakers (£80) in the sun room.

The only issue is you can’t stream different songs to different rooms. Although that has never bothered me.

petrieboy

A few sonos devices here (connect, 3 and 1)
    Well worth the money.
    Admittedly the connect feels like they are over charging as it must surely be cheaper to make than the play1, but as a top end source in a HiFi system it still looks like good value.
    Play1’s are amazing for the money.

gravity-slave
    Free Member

I had airplay kit. Bought a Playbar. Sold all my airplay and bought more Sonos kit. Works so well if you want multi room streaming.

Bianchi-Boy
    Free Member

Thanks everyone, I think I will buy a Sonos 1 for the kitchen and give it a try.

ben
    Free Member

Worth having a look at Bluesound too, it sounds significantly better than Sonos.

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)

The topic ‘We're a family of Apple users, but I am drawn towards Sonus. Any reason not to?’ is closed to new replies.