Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 46 total)
  • Well, I’m back from ‘that’ Quantocks ride
  • IHN

There were ony 47 of us in the end(!)

Cheers to Sharki, Knottie and Co for organising, it was a top day out.

If you ever fancy a trip to the North Gloucestershire Alps then I’d be happy to return the favour.

knottie8
    Free Member

im uploading my pics right now..thanks for coming .

trickydisco
    Free Member

indeed! great day for it. Everything ran smooth in the b’tids gunna kill ya group ride i thought (okay.. apart from a couple of punctures) Good guiding by sharki (cheers) loving the techy singletrack at the start.

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middling Edition

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middlin...
    Latest Singletrack Videos
    peteimpreza

back home myself with a pair of tired legs and a big grin.

A big thank you to Sharki, Knottie, Charley and Si,

It was great to see everyone out on such a great day.

8)

IHN

loving the techy singletrack at the start.

Techy indeed, I think I’ve just about got my ringpiece back under control…

shinsplints

47 ! **** ! – hope you fellas had a good day,must make an appearance on the next one.

snaps
    Free Member

Good to meet you all – could the day have been better? I don’t think so!

Pre ride faffage picture

Dibbs
    Free Member

And I’m still stuck at work, in sight of the Quantocks 👿

snaps
    Free Member

There should be a pic along soon showing us all waving at HP from the ridge – but you didn’t wave back!

Dibbs
    Free Member

but you didn’t wave back!

Yes I did, but it was only two fingers 😀

jam-bo

techy singletrack? was that the gully run that me and sharki built?

oxym0r0n

Yeah – top day fella’s and fella’esses ~ our group waved too Dibbs 😉

It was good to rides some new stuff and with some new people, even though I’m technically local.

Now how to hide the helmet mark the sun has made on my forehead…

Sponging-Machine
    Free Member

Mrs. Machine had kindly prepared a monsterous spag-bol for my arrival. SWEET!

Had a super day. Was really good to meet everybody, and how good was the sunshine!

sm500
    Free Member

wanted to say thankyou charlie for a top day had so much fun just home had hot bath an 4 beers have never gone to me head so fast,) from another charlie. cheers guys

ThurmanMerman
    Free Member

A great day out. TBH, felt a wee bit out of my comfort zone in the b’tids gunna kill ya group esp on the techy stuff at the start, but luckily for me (and the riders behind) I was wearing my brown safety rubber pants.

Only downer for me was snapping my chain top of Hodders Combe/bottom of Lady’s Edge. Time was knocking on so just rolled back to my car in Holford.

Big thinks to Sharki et al for organisation/leadership.

Good for the soul that sort of thing. I don’t do enough of it.

Chas.

Philby

Excellent day out, stunning weather, fantastic trails and great organisation. Feel nicely knackered and managed to fall asleep for the two tries in the Grand Slam game.

Thanks to Knottie, Sharki, Charlie et al for organising and leading – including the road signs – and to Aleigh who started the whole thing off!

Hope this might be the first of many such rides!

forge197
    Free Member

Cheers Sharki, Knottie and Charlie for organising, both myself and Mrs Forge had a great day, with great company, trails and weather just excellent. I will edit some videos and post up over the weekend or Monday.

marcus
    Free Member

Back home up north now. Cheers guys for a great day out and once again the ‘tocks didnt disapoint. If you ever fancy a trip in the Peak let us know.

oldfart

Well it was indeed a grand day out .Top riding weather company must do it again sometime .Anna hope my encouragement helped :DKnottie Sharki you are stars once again thanks one and all.

eviljoe
    Free Member

Yup,

Cheers All, been grand to put some names to faces- hope to catch you all around very soon !

Bring on the pics and vids- esp the water crossing ones!

EVILJOE

r6ymy
    Free Member

Fantastic day, thanks again to all who helped organise, and to Sharki for guiding our group.
    Apologies to anyone in the b’tids gunna kill ya group who I held up in the techy singletrack, I don’t remember agreeing to give my mojo the morning off but it was definitely nowhere to be seen.
    Respect to Sharki and oxym0r0n for getting up all the climbs on singlespeeds!
    Just finished a big plate of fish and chips, and about to crack open a cold beer, I’ll sleep well tonight.

eviljoe
    Free Member

Sponging-Machine- post ride BBQ at your place next time… 😉

scraprider
    Free Member

well he did say comon didnt he joe

slugwash
    Free Member

Yep, brilliant day. We couldn’t have asked for better weather! My first off-road visit to the ‘tocks and the first time I’ve gone over the bars and broken the fall with the top of my head (on the Chimney). Ouch.

Thanks to Charlie, Sharki & Knottie for puttting it on. Thanks to the bike shop van for the freebies. I think I’ll have to sneak up the M5 one night, dig up the Chimney, and ship it back to South Devon 😉 ‘cos it’s one wicked downhill trail.

Nice to meet you all. I’ll post some piccies up tomorrow.

scraprider
    Free Member

glad your ok slugwash

Fuzzyfelt
    Free Member

Chminey – tick
    “Narnia” – tick
    Concrete Block – tick
    Grazed shins – tick

Great ride, great day. Nice to meet you all. Apolgies to R6ymy for almost making you take an early bath down Holford Combe – the Pace was looking a bit muddy by that point!! I’ll try and cure my squeaky brake for next time….

sharki
    Free Member

i might just nip out for a night ride now…;-)

cinnamon_girl

Well, what can I say? A huge thank you to Sharki, Knottie and Charlie for putting this together. Knottie was a brilliant guide, very patient with girlie wuss moments, and boy could he climb those hills on his ss 8)

It was great to meet so many new folk, as well as catching up with the Southern Shandy Drinkers. What a beautiful day!

Can I just say a belated “hello” to the guy on the Sewanee whom I only saw at the start? Was hoping to admire your niche bike but didn’t see you at the finish. Not often you see that make of bike around let alone two on a Quantocks ride 😀

Hope the guy from our group has scrubbed up well from his injury and is OK.

So … when’s the next one?

knottie8
    Free Member

“girlie wuss moments”

didnt see many of those ,Im just glad you all turned up !

cinnamon_girl

I didn’t have one on the log drop 😯

sharki
    Free Member

knottie on a ss?
    Shoulda been in my group, there was only 2 of us on silly bikes.

oldfart

I’m sure Mr Knotts bike had some of those gear things hanging off the back? 😛

Strangelove
    Free Member

I’m glad I went on the ride and even gladder that I was with the slow social group. Not only was it a great group of guy ‘n’ girls but I’m aching enough now.
    Thanks for showing me a very pretty part of the country and how unfit i am.

tsr
    Free Member

A thoroughly enjoyable day.

Thanks to Sharki, Knottie, Charlie and others for such a well organised ride.

Great guiding, company, weather and terrain…..my head says thanks a lot (my legs don’t!)

lammy
    Free Member

Well what can I say thats not already said…..
    It was great to get out and meet so many off this forum including the brilliant guides.

I am now sitting here aching slightly, but thinking of returning pretty soon!

Thanks for an awesome ride!

charlierevell
    Free Member

Well thanks to all who turned up, really enjoyed leading the mid group round, not done it for a while!
    Soma Rich, let me know when your next over this way and we’ll show you a few bits you may not have seen! (ill bring 35 tubes with me! )

Annabannana… thanks sooo much for the cake/biscuits. The Gin went down rather well last nite and left me without hangover, but slightly worse for wear!

Got out on the new road bike for a few miles this afternoon to check it all ‘fitted’ ok.

Thanks again, you all helped make a great day!

Si
    Free Member

Apparently Sharki has just broken his collar bone up there…

sharki
    Free Member

this is very true, riding like a total tool was put of for a day so today i made up for it by an otb moment, by the time knottie appeared he thought i was sat on the side of the trail to take photo’s….i showed him the obvious evidence and we walked back to the car..he dropped me in a&e where i still am…oh well roll on the next few weeks of rain….i’ll be back soon.

RichPenny
    Free Member

Thanks to knottie, sharki and charlie for the top notch organisiation. Cheers also to the other locals like john and nath in our group who answered our questions, held gates etc. Definately one of the most enjojable rides i’ve done. Loved the chimney, will be back for more of the same soon!

Sorry to hear that about Sharki. From what I say yesterday though I doubt it’ll be long before he’s back on the bike.

Anna-B
    Free Member

Thanks (again) for an awesome day guys. Knottie you were a top guide, I had such fun yesterday. The route was fantastic and our knitters group was cool. Lovely to meet people from here, with particular thanks going to the oldfart whose words of encouragement I will treasure 😉

Hats off to the lovely lady whose idea the whole thing was.

Sharki get well soon!! Was it another SPD moment with worn cleats 😉

Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 46 total)

The topic ‘Well, I’m back from ‘that’ Quantocks ride’ is closed to new replies.