Viewing 40 posts - 41 through 80 (of 124 total)
  • Well done Bayern
  • stonemonkey
    Free Member

As a Liverpool fan all i can say is "oh dear!" 😀

jobbyheid
    Free Member

Excellent detective work by allthepies there.. high fives all round.

Coyote
    Free Member

As a Liverpool fan all i can say is "oh dear!"

Thursday night, Channel 5 – Living the dream…

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middling Edition

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middlin...
    Latest Singletrack Videos
    john_drummer
    Free Member

Living the dream

I really wish you hadn't said that 🙁

has he destroyed Cardiff yet?

stonemonkey
    Free Member

yes thats why i kept it to a simple oh dear , if we werent so piss poor at the moment i would have said a lot worse…

[OEGGVjWF]
    Free Member

As a Man City season ticket holder I'd just like to say thank you to both teams, managers, supporters for two excellent games. I wouldn't want to change a minute of it. Going 3-0 up and then f*****g it up (for some reason I want to sing Galatasory when I think of that) was pure poetry but special thanks has go to the teamyeti person on here and idave for the excelent Longsight comment :-}

Hairychested
    Free Member

It was a good game. Bayern were a bit better (more precise? clinical? German?) so they are through.
    May I remind the blue Mancs they will, probably, play Europa League next year, not CL?

spev

just an aside to teamyeti and his reference to checking history, as your own royal family changed its name from Saxa-Coburg and Gotha to Windsor due to anti German sentiment (fuelled no doubt by people like teamyeti) during the First World War, I think you might just check before calling other people names. Also surely we can't still bear a grudge against a nation for something they have done in the past? If so then Im sure we wont have to look to far for a whole world of nations who could blame us for a lot of things 🙂

And finally , wooohooooo they are out they are out

ahem no bias here m'lud

RepacK
    Free Member

Wheres rudeboy when you need him? He would be all over this thread like a bad rash!

As for yeti – jeez I didnt know 10 yr olds were still up..What a plum!

bluemooner
    Free Member

oh Alex,,such a gracious knight of the realm,,

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/teams/m/man_utd/8605786.stm

Carbis

Good to hear Fergie highlighting the problem of players pressurising refs to get fellow professionals booked, at least we'll see none of that from his players this weekend….

boxelder

Please explain the MOT thing……

MrSparkle

Leeds – Marching on together.

allyharp

Is that a Leeds song or something?

Still can't see what "Marching on Together" has to do with Leeds

john_drummer
    Free Member

Yes it is.

surfer
    Free Member

You couldnt make it up!

gonefishin
    Free Member

You know threads like this always confuse me. Apparently the attitude of "anyone but Man Utd" is a perfecty acceptable position to hold and yet the attitude of "anyone but England" is not.

Football. It cetainly seems to bring out the worst in people.

firestarter
    Free Member

edited to avoid a ban. Yeti p?/(<k i lived in germany whilst serving in the army. And its a great place with great people, unlike here 🙁 (well some)

mastiles_fanylion
    Free Member

And its a great place with great people, unlike here (well some)

That could be said of any country – Germans are, in general, no better or worse than the English, Americans, Scots, anyone 🙁

hora
    Free Member

Yesterday a group of Bayern fans asked me pub advice. Afterwards EVERY SINGLE one said thank you politely.

If it was Man U fans I'd expect 'ere mate' then yeah cheers.

firestarter
    Free Member

yes it could but he wasnt slaggin any other place but germany

firestarter
    Free Member

oh and i meant this site and him with the comment not this country 🙂

HTTP404
    Free Member

Nothing quite like football to unite the masses.

May I remind the blue Mancs they will, probably, play Europa League next year, not CL?

Chances are – Man City will be playing Champions League next season if you look at their fixtures and compare them to Spurs'. 🙁

Jamie
    Free Member

supporting a german team, dont you know your history you prick.

As someone with German heritage i lol'd.

hora
    Free Member

supporting a german team, dont you know your history you prick.

Do you work on an engineering shopfloor or warehouse carrying boxes?

Pook

I used to go out with a german girl. What does that make me?? Yes, football really does reveal a lot about people.

hora
    Free Member

Pook was she heavily into 'sausages'?

fatboyslo
    Free Member

Here we go with Leeds United,
    We're gonna give the boys a hand,
    Stand up and sing for Leeds united,
    They are the greatest in the land,

na na na

Everyday, we're al gonna say,
    We love you Leeds! Leeds! Leeds!
    Everywhere, we're gonna be there,
    We, love you Leeds! Leeds! Leeds!

Marching On Together!
    We're gonna see you win
    na na na na na na
    We are so proud,
    We shout it out loud we love you Leeds! Leeds! Leeds!

We've been through it all together,
    And we've had our ups and downs (UPS AND DOWNS!)
    We're gonna stay with you forever,
    at least until the world stops going round

na na na

Everyday, we're all gonna say we love you Leeds!Leeds!Leeds!
    Everywhere, we're gonna be there,
    We, love you Leeds! Leeds! Leeds!

Marching On Together!
    We're gonna see you win
    na na na na na na
    We are so proud,
    We shout it out loud we love you Leeds! Leeds! Leeds!
    We are so proud, we shout it out Loud we love you LEEDS! LEEDS! LEEDS!

( Sing it loud n Sing it Proud 😉 )

hora
    Free Member

Leeds? The team thats slipped from a certain promotional spot? 😆

mastiles_fanylion
    Free Member

Leeds? The team thats slipped from a certain promotional spot?

It will happen/has happened to every team at some point in their history. Leeds are just the ones it is all happening to right now – we have spectacularly blown our chances though 🙁 (again 🙁 🙁 )Same can be said for Charlton – we were chasing them for the first part of the season now they are 5th.

It's football innit?

hora
    Free Member

If I was to support a 'big' team it would be Barcelona. I love what they did with their shirt sponsor. Go on, someone tell me something murky about that..?

backhander
    Free Member

Pictures like the one posted by surfer are one of the main reasons I hate association football. That behaviour is absolutely disgusting.

I bet Rafael feels a bit silly this morning for picking up that first yellow card unnecessarily.

TheLittlestHobo
    Free Member

For me its got nothing to do with history etc for me. I support British teams because i am British. I support English teams because i am english. I dont support German teams because they are functional at best. I like to watch Barca etc because they play good football.

So as a Spurs supporter i supported ARSEnal against Barca, i supported Manure against Bayern and if Rangers/Celtic were good enough i would be supporting them.

The thing that makes me laugh is those previously are having a go at the guy for calling people pricks for supporting other countries (Yes not needed) but he has a point about your lack of support for your own country/isles. His point is just as valid as your appreciation of nice football. Hell if that was the case then we would all support barca. How can you call people tribal knuckle draggers when the essence of football support is based on tribal rivalries?

mastiles_fanylion
    Free Member

But the point really is – we can all support who we want and why we want – you have just given your reasons for who you do and do not support but stop for a minute and think that other people have other reasons.

Neither is right.

Neither is wrong.

hora
    Free Member

Why is Football always about 'us and them'?

No wonder it attracts those who believe in racism and homophobia.

john_drummer
    Free Member

For me it's quite simple – my club comes first. Second is whoever are playing against ManU.
    Third is Newcastle Utd as they are my wife's favourite team.

Country doesn't come into it. Ever.

Will I be supporting England at the world cup? Possibly, if I've nothing better to do. But if Leeds Utd were on one channel & England were on another, i'd be watching Leeds.

Club v country? Club every time

surfer
    Free Member

Why is Football always about 'us and them'?

Not sure it would work otherwise!

TheLittlestHobo
    Free Member

But the point really is – we can all support who we want and why we want – you have just given your reasons for who you do and do not support but stop for a minute and think that other people have other reasons.

Totally agree. Maybe the point is that I find it hard to stomach peoples lack of national pride. This is what it boils down to and is maybe why the guy originally had a go about remembering your history.

hora
    Free Member

surfer. A group of people support a privately owned business by buying their products annually, wishing them on, tattooing the name of the company on their arm with '4 ever' and then exposing their impressionable children to the sponsor's whose names are 'we like to gamble dot com' etc.

Ontop of this people who support other private companies are treated like Satans children and must be glassed or jeered at (depending whether your son or wife is with you at the time).

Whereas Rugby is full of real hardmen actually on the pitch. Did I mention that I don't like football or the people that base their lives round it? 😆

Viewing 40 posts - 41 through 80 (of 124 total)

The topic ‘Well done Bayern’ is closed to new replies.