Viewing 20 posts - 1 through 20 (of 20 total)
  • Weight Loss – how does that work then?
  • WorldClassAccident
    Free Member

I have been using the Wii Fit to do some yoga exercises to try and improve the flexibility of my shoulder and back. The good news is that it appears to be working well.

A side effect is that the Wii Fit records your weight.

Now I know it isn’t likely to be massively accurate but left in the same place on the floor it does seem reasonably consistent. If I weigh myself 3 times in a row they are all the same within 1 pound.

Yesterday I weighed myself in the morning and had put on 4lb from the previous day. Okay, I had a curry and some beers the night before. During the day I ate a couple of cox’s apples 2 cups of coffee and then about 3pm I decide to weigh myself again. I had now put on 7lbs from the day before.

Can your weight increase more than the weight of the stuff you eat or is the Wii just playing mind games?

I suspect the later but can’t see how it can change the weight that much and repeatedly weight the new amount with the same sort of variations as the morning.

Any ideas?

TheSouthernYeti
    Free Member

You drink any water?

Timings of toilet visits?

iDave
    Free Member

water

weigh yourself once a week, same day, same time.

TheSouthernYeti
    Free Member

iDave – are you saying everday is too much?

Quick question whilst you’re here… the fast sugar post exercise… I’ve added chocolate bars to my diet this week and have lost more weight.
    So, is that suagar just to replenish muscle stores or does it have greater benefits?

Junkyard
    Free Member

congratulations you are pregnant

WorldClassAccident
    Free Member

I drank 2 cups of coffee. I didn’t keep track of toilet visits but assume they would reduce weight.

I agree about not needing to weight yourself every day. I only do it because I have been doing the Wii Fit Yoga.

I just couldn’t work out how the weight increased during the day but I think Junkyard may have got it!

Thinking further, I wonder if the fact the house warmed up during the day affected the scales?

If so, I will tell my wife to keep the bathroom scales in the fridge when she wants to weigh less.

TheSouthernYeti
    Free Member

If you only drank 2 cups of coffee then it’s an error with the scales.

As far as I’m aware the human body isn’t capable of making something out of nothing.

Alternatively you’re like many people and you kid yourself about how little you eat…

johnners
    Free Member

Can your weight increase more than the weight of the stuff you eat

Yes, if you’re photosynthesising. You’ll have to hide in a dark cupboard or wear a burkha.

WorldClassAccident
    Free Member

TSY – That is my thinking which is why I am guessing at the temperature. I can’t think of any other factors that affect it. I am surprised that it made 3lbs difference given that it wasn’t particularly cold in the morning or warm in the afternoon.

WorldClassAccident
    Free Member

This morning 750ml (2 cups) of coffee and it reckons that is a 2lb increase.

Elfinsafety
    Free Member

Is the thing on carpet?

jojoA1
    Free Member

Haven’t you got any scales?

joao3v16
    Free Member

congratulations you are pregnant

😆

stevehine

This morning 750ml (2 cups) of coffee and it reckons that is a 2lb increase.

Well considering 453ml of water weighs 1lb that would seem about right …

WorldClassAccident
    Free Member

Haven’t you got any scales?

I think there are some in the bathroom. I am not that bothered by my actual weight, I was just surprised at the weight gain. I guess the coffee and some apples weigh more than I thought.

TheSouthernYeti
    Free Member

WCA – did you weigh yourself pre/post coffee this morning then?

scaredypants

you’d be surprised how much a girdle weighs

WorldClassAccident
    Free Member

TSY – Yep. It was the only thing other than temperature that could have affected the weight I reckon. Bear in mind the Wii only weighs to the nearest pound I reckon coffee plus 3 small apples + 3 lbs weight gain. Clearly sitting on your arse all day doesn’t burn much weight.

nickf
    Free Member

Did you have an axe in your hand at the time? Might account for the 7lb gain.

samuri
    Free Member

different clothes?

Obviously if your heart is beating faster you’ll be heavier too.

Viewing 20 posts - 1 through 20 (of 20 total)

The topic ‘Weight Loss – how does that work then?’ is closed to new replies.