• This topic has 55 replies, 28 voices, and was last updated 13 years ago by ojom.
Viewing 16 posts - 41 through 56 (of 56 total)
  • Weight gain – nearly there
  • hexhamstu
    Free Member

and re:the long cage mech, can’t imagine you’ll need a large ring at the front on this type of bike?

hexhamstu
    Free Member

“do you think that bike was spec’d to please stw keyboard warriors?”

spaz tyred bike: check
    Drilled rims: check
    A niche bike your never going to ride: check

So yes I’m fairly sure you did exactly that.

cynic-al
    Free Member

hexhamstu – Member
    you invited me to pick things wrong with it.

Where?

Yes you are right it will be a 22-32-44, glad I got you to think about it though 😀 Like I said, it’s a mech, it’s new, it works, unlike most of my other ones, so it went on the bike.

Sorry if I upset you, you seem hurt now. I wanted to try a genuinely different bike, something that allows you to ride where you previously couldn’t. To me: better that than another 5″ stw-std-issue-sled for the drones to slaver over. If you want to criticise me for that because I’ve pointed out you were talking guff then up to you.

takisawa2

I think its spot on, good on you for the work you’ve put in. Not my cup of tea, but I applaude anyone trying something different.

fourbanger
    Free Member

Out of interest, where do these clown bikes allow you to ride that a proper bike wouldn’t, other than soft sand and soft snow?

cynic-al
    Free Member

Thanks Taka.

Fourbanger – correct, there are also arguments that they are better/less damaging on vulnerable soft or boggy trails.

Out of interest, do you care, if they are beneath you? Is diversity/change uncomfortable to you?

hexhamstu
    Free Member

I’m interested in the suspension argument, I thought the tyres were supposed to be a replacement for this.
    How noticeable is the extra drag from the tyres?

singlespeedstu

The Larry isn’t draggy at all.

The extra weight is harder to get up to speed though.

These bikes are about grin factor.

I for one don’t give a flying **** if it’s faster slower or the same speed to ride as long as it brings a smile to my face and I was laughing all the way round this trail on saturday.

[video]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xf_hsGlW3hI[/video]

I agree with you about al though. He does come across as an over grumpy gobshite. 😉

Dancake
    Free Member

That is the first time in a long time I have stared at a picture for ages, not sure what to think…

For the record, I think the overall effect is awesome..maybe nit-picking about some of the technicalities is missing the point? Look forward to
    some moving pictures 🙂

TooTall
    Free Member

It does look like a trials frame that has had one of those ass-fattening injections to get some booty. Amusing and makes all 29ers look acceptable – well done al! At least everyone will know you have a sense of humour.

cynic-al
    Free Member

😡 etc

ton

Al…………….that looks **** awfull.
    even by my standards.

cynic-al
    Free Member

Gave it a wee spin to the shops on the beach. Floats over the brown stuff! I’d forgotten what new 8-speed feels like, I think I’ll now need new transmissions on all my other steeds.

Oh and I did bottom out the forks but I didn’t go over the bars 😡

R0011073 by alan cole, on Flickr

letmetalktomark

That looks 8) 8) 8) 8)

Really would love to try a fully fat bike.

I understand folks skepticism about different bikes but I am with you all the way on this one.

I pick up my half fat curious wheel on Sunday – I cannot wait!

Now go get some more pics 🙂

seosamh77
    Free Member

that’s just silly. but each to their own.

ojom
    Free Member

Bored of it yet?

Viewing 16 posts - 41 through 56 (of 56 total)

The topic ‘Weight gain – nearly there’ is closed to new replies.