Viewing 17 posts - 1 through 17 (of 17 total)
  • Weekender Hero
  • Baldysquirt

I've already posted this on another thread, but i just wanted to share with everyone how tough and determined my GF was at the weekender: She crashed 3 times in her timed DH run and still managed to finish with a very respectable time of 3.22. When she got to the finish line she looked like she was in a lot of pain with badly cut and bruised legs. Her coccyx was also very painful. Despite this and a very bad night's sleep because of it, she still rode the XC the next day completing 3 laps and taking 8th in the senior women's race. After a couple of days without being able to sit properly, she went to A&E yesterday to find out she has a fractured Coccyx and won't be able to sit properly, let alone ride, for the next few weeks. Well done Kate.

marsdenman
    Free Member

<doffs cap>
    Healing vibes!

kelvin

Eeek!

rOcKeTdOg

that woman does NOT need to MTFU!

BTW…it Heroine

matthewlhome
    Free Member

Well done Kate!
    Make sure Paul looks after you well.

doug_basqueMTB.com

Well done! I fractured my coccyx once and it was a world of pain for a long time. I hope she heals well and quickly.

alexxx
    Free Member

sounds like she needs to man the **** down haha!

Drac

Go girl.

Your going to get one hairy palm because of this.

khani
    Free Member

Respect, get well soon

Baldysquirt

Cheers folks. RD, I don't think she'd like me calling her a heroine some how.

TonyL
    Free Member

Kate hope you heal quickly, and there was me thinking we had got away with no broken bones this year! Seriously take care and I hope it doesn't put you off the sport.

Baldysquirt

It certainly hasn't Tony – she's properly bemoaning the fact she's off the bike for so long. Nothing as minor as broken bones will put Kate off! Thanks for creating such a great venue to play in.

robgarrioch

Huge respect for soldiering on, true weekender spirit.

joebedingfield
    Free Member

Niki and I Hope you feel better soon Kate, muchos respect!

Diane
    Free Member

Well done her! I did the coccyx thing too riding like that is very painfull.

lowey

RESPECT!

She sounds proper hardcore. A fractured coccyx would reduce make me cry, no doubt.

simonm
    Free Member

Well done Kate, hope you mend soon.

Viewing 17 posts - 1 through 17 (of 17 total)

The topic ‘Weekender Hero’ is closed to new replies.