Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)
  • Wedding celebration in a mosque
  • Gary_M
    Free Member

My wife and I are going to a wedding celebration in the central mosque in Glasgow today. Looking forward to it. Any etiquette tips we need to be aware of?

The wedding was yesterday so the celebration is in a hall rather than the mosque itself so not sure if the shoes off rule will apply.

deadlydarcy
    Free Member

Just watch others and do as they do. Bring a hipflask 😀

Gary_M
    Free Member

There is that option but by doing that I might do something I’m not supposed to do!

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middling Edition

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middlin...
    Latest Singletrack Videos
    deadlydarcy
    Free Member

Sorry dude, my advice should have read in two separate lines, goodcop/badcop stylee. 😉

Gary_M
    Free Member

My reply was in reference to your first line, although it could also apply to the 2nd. 😉

Junkyard
    Free Member

take your shoes off before entering bow your head as you cross the threshold dont point the soles of you feet at people or the pulpit bit
    Women and mens entrances usually ,no touching and stand by back wall for prayers as you are not expected to join in
    More detail here and I hope I did not miss anything
    They will be ok as they wont expect you to know the rules and as long as it is an error rather than obvious rudenes sthey ill just let you know
    http://www.educationislam.org/educationislam_download/ETIQUETTES.pdf

Jujuuk68
    Free Member

Or just boycott the crazy medieval delusional ceremony, pointing out there is no god, and the reason they’re there is a dogmatic belief they simply inherited from their parents without using any of the higher critical functions of the brain. Also point out that lightening and thunder isn’t the gods being angry, and that aids isn’t a “gay plague”. Mention in passing its 2011, and we should all have moved on a bit more over the last 1200 years.

Tell them that christianity is the same load of bunkum, wrapped up in a “my crazy belief in a spooky old man in the sky who uses us like his personal trainset is better than yours” cover.

Tell them you dont need crazy books about a guy called Yahweah who wants us to murder our chidren, and that the Jews are wrong as well.

Tell them you dont need books ranging 1200-2000 years old writen and badly translated several times inaccurately from dead languages to know how to be a good neighbour or how to live a good life.

Then leave. For a beer.

yunki
    Free Member

Then leave. For a beer.

personally I’d get my bit’s out first..

paulosoxo
    Free Member

yunki – Member
    Then leave. For a beer.
    personally I’d get my bit’s out first..
    POSTED 18 SECONDS AGO # REPORT-POST

Agreed. Schoolboy error there. A wedding’s not a wedding unless someone’s flashed their chucky.

takisawa2

Just remember, he was the first singlespeeder…

How do they know ? by pten2106, on Flickr

Elfinsafety
    Free Member

Personally, I’d ask advice from the people who are inviting you, rather than the idiots on here. Apart from Junky.

johnners
    Free Member

just boycott the crazy medieval delusional ceremony

No need, since

The wedding was yesterday so the celebration is in a hall rather than the mosque itself

Which pretty much makes the rest of your “spontaneous” rant a bit redundant, eh?

konabunny
    Free Member

That’s a shame. I thought jujuuk68 was like totally Bill Hicks reincarnate in sticking it to the man, man.

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)

The topic ‘Wedding celebration in a mosque’ is closed to new replies.