Viewing 22 posts - 1 through 22 (of 22 total)
  • Way OT: Good Stag Do ideas, thoughts and input.
  • utangvegas

Bit random but I am planning a stag do this summer and would like some ideas and input of possible. I have most stuff in place but would just like people's thoughts on what they have done in the past which was great and what to avoid from previous experience. The usual ideas are inplace but just want to make sure everything is covered.

Any ideas and input would be great so I can make this stag a great one.

Thanks

Keef
    Free Member

we went on a 70's weekend at butlins,for my mate's do……
    thought it was gona be crap,turned out the best stag do ever,mind you, Bad Manners live are hard to beat….

yes I'm an old f00ker an all

CaptainFlashheart
    Free Member

Think carefully about budgets and time. Many people get rather annoyed at feeling they have to spend a lot of cash on a trip abroad, as well as having to take time off work for it. They may not say it, but they do!

BikeStag can be a really good fun weekend. I can recommend Machynlleth as a base for it as well, great people, great curry! Oh, and there are some "entertainers" you can hire in as well……

re the "entertainment", the best thing is to get them to come to you. Private dining rooms are champion for this. 8)

utangvegas

After some thought we are staying in the UK to keep the costs down. My thoughts were to just get everyone together and fill them with beer. The group has a variety of people so we can not do mountain biking etc as I do not want to do an activity some people may not want to do.

We are going Coasteering though which should be fun!

simon_g

Agree with the budget thing. The first couple of times you go away to some foreign city for a stag do it's all a novelty that you're happy to pay for, after several you don't really want to pay £500+ for a weekend and need friday off work, especially if there's a few in one year. Lots of budget airlines aren't so budget any more and if you're spending in euros it can get very pricey now.

While there's a degree of making it up as you go along, it's worth getting organised beyond just travel/hotel, especially finding bars/clubs that are willing to let a group like yours in. Worth booking if necessary rather than turning up on spec. I went to a stag do in Brighton where we ended up wandering from place to place, splitting into pairs just to try and get in somewhere.

ml
    Free Member

My brother organised a ride in a RIB, which most people really enjoyed, despite hangovers. We all had matching waterproofs, and I (as the stag), got to steer the boat. We visited a few pubs, and it was a great activity that everyone is still talking about. As we were a fairly large group, the cost averaged out modestly.

Pic from the RIB

We also went self-catering, and got a big Tesco shop in, which brought everyone together, kept us away from anyone who might complain and kept the cost controlled.

It was an epic weekend all in. Hope you do a great job. 😀

jonb
    Free Member

Most of the one's I've been on have been local or staying in holiday cottages/bunkhouse depending on budget.

Find out what the Stag wants to do/likes (I assume you know that anyway as the best man). I'm off on one in May with a good friend who doesn't drink so a complete piss up is out of the question.

Comedy club always goes down well, decent meal, he's into music so we're looking for some decent places to go watch some bands. Clay pigeon shooting, go karting etc. etc.

nickb

For my stag we went to a small village in Scotland, drank lots of beer and whisky, and did a few activities including rock-climbing and river-bugs (like white-water rafting, but in your own inflatable chair-come-bodyboard). The company that did the events was called Nae Limits.

Also went on a do where they did an intro to polo, on horses – none of us were riders, but it was great fun. Place was in Ascot – can't recall the details.

Well worth pre-booking a restaurant if there's a decent sized group.

Have fun!

Nick

mefty
    Free Member

One of my friends whose stag I attended had a great one. He had friends attending from various times in his life: home, university and work. We were split into two teams and had competitive events between them through out the weekend including pool tournament at semi bankrupt hotel near Derby we were staying at on the Friday night, clay pigeon shooting the following morning, indoor football and basketball (the best man hired a sports hall)in the afternoon, quasar and bowling in the evening and then off to a club. Worked really well and plenty of beer was still drunk.

AlexBerry
    Free Member

my late advice might not be of any use, but i'll go for it any way.
    Dont go to Blackpool——–DO go to Vegas!!!!!!!!!! it was so good we managed 24hrs, no sleep, and then had to leave, to avoid staying forever!!!!!!!!!

dave_rudabar
    Free Member

I've done UK based ones and they're ok – it's the quality of the people going & how well different groups get on that makes it.
    Went to Warsaw on one and luckily we all got on really well + was quite well organised. Wasn't cheap though, I think it was ~£400 total at a time the Euro was a favourable exchange rate.

I vote outdoor stuff like quads, etc – everyone gets mucky, etc & has a laugh.

tom84
    Free Member

did you hear about stag do in sweden recently? the mates delivered a chicken suit and strict instructions to be at this main square at a certain time and wait for a van. he got there in the chicken suit and a van drove up and he got up to meet the van on the otherside of teh square. as he neared the van another chicken jumped out the bushes and jumped in the van and the van drove off . they had had a perfectly good do the next weekend for him but the added head **** must have been something special.

Bushwacked
    Free Member

Best stag do I went on was my own but not becoz it was my own.

We hired two boats on the norfolk broads for the weekend.

Happened to be world cup final weekend and the weather was awesome. It was so good my mate did it for his stag do.

Friday night we moored up and went to a local pub. Saturday we chugged down the river and stopped at a pub to watch the world cup runner up then went further down the river to moor up for the night and got a taxi into norwich – got leathered and ended up in a strip club before going back to the boats for an all night session. Sunday we pootled back to the pub to watch the world cup final before taking the boats back to harbour and staying one last night – a weekend I'll never forget for all the right reasons 🙂

midlifecrashes

Done the canal boat thing too, two boats, one weekend, a list of pubs. Boats came from Brewood in the midlands. Combination of chilled cruising and beermonstering nights. Simple and fun.

naokfreek
    Free Member

Coasteering? My girlfriends brother did it for his stag and said it was much fun, even in november.

jeffl

Did a Stag do for a good friend a few weeks ago and Coasteering was ace. Everyone was bricking it what with it being the middle of February, in Wales and being hungover. The best part was the stag didn't know it was happening until we arrived at the beach.

Don't know if you've booked already but I'd recommend these guys if you're in the Pembrokshire area.

Daffy

My mates and I went to Barcelona for 4 days. It cost each person £134 + food for 4 days holiday in a 4* hotel.

We all enjoyed it sooo much, we've been somewhere every year since then.

Mint.

Frankers
    Free Member

Stag do's without Naked Ladies ?!?!?

WTF

Bushwacked
    Free Member

Frankers – its compulsory!

utangvegas

Perfect, thanks for your input.

al-london
    Free Member

I am going to Magaluf in July for my Stag week 😆

But also have a smaller one in London in April for the people who cannot afford it (and I cant put up with for a week)

Al

hillsplease

Went to Abersoch – beers -sleep – surf lesson – playing on the beach – beers (stag dressed as 118118 man who had to get ladies to sign his singlet) – there are some very bitter divorcees in Abersoch, early tea for soakage – local comedy hotel nightclub complete with big knee slides cross dance floor a-plenty, sleep – hungover hovercraft racing against the clock – surf lesson – pub mid afternoon lunch.

It was the funniest do I've been on. We didn't spike the stags drinks or get him so drunk he couldn't function, no naked ladies, as it's not his thing, but a silly task to mean that we had to go out and talk to clothed ladies. The vast majority took it in great stead and we were a harmless bunch of buffoons having a lovely time and not causing offence. Also cheap in a bunkhouse a suitable staagger home from the town.

Viewing 22 posts - 1 through 22 (of 22 total)

The topic ‘Way OT: Good Stag Do ideas, thoughts and input.’ is closed to new replies.