Viewing 17 posts - 1 through 17 (of 17 total)
  • Waterproof trainers/shoes for commuting on flat pedals – any recomendations?
  • banjowhacker
    Free Member

With the weather feeling decidedly autumnal, i'm starting to think i'll soon be needing some new footwear for my commute that will survive road spray. I see that Vans do some nice water resistant skate shoes, but i wonder if there's anything else out there. Any recommendations?
    Thanks 🙂

jonb
    Free Member

Merrels with goretex?

Most approach style shoes with a goretex lining might work if the soles aren't to chunky.

miketually
    Free Member

I don't even try to keep my feet dry, just wear shoes that will dry out quickly so I don't have to put wet shoes on to ride home and take a spare pair of socks.

banjowhacker
    Free Member

I hate hate hate having wet feet… I'd prefer a skate style trainer. There must be other companies out there doing apres ski footwear of this type?

epicsteve
    Free Member

Plenty of trail/approach shoes with goretex linings that'd work well. I use Brasher ones that have been great but I've also had good experiences with Berghaus and Keen. The Keen Targhee's are probably the most comfortable footwear I've ever used.

deus

porelle/ sealskinz drysocks.

http://www.chainreactioncycles.com/Brands.aspx?BrandID=118

end of.

deus

obviously you can then use any old footwear.
    i'd go with the ultra light ones as they feel most like socks, and you can wear a normal pair of socks underneath them.

GW
    Free Member

wellies?

Steve-Austin
    Free Member

There is no shoe of any kind that will keep your feet dry commuting and look any good for work.
    I leave my work shoes at work with spare socks, and wera whatever i want on the commute.

Might try wellies though.. 😀

pullfaces
    Free Member

Carrier bags over your socks.
    This is what I always used to do on Polaris events in the evenings as we all wandered around in wet shoes.
    If you're bothered about style then you can look around for appropriate colour (and size) bags. You will need spare shoes at work unless you're happy like that all day (on wet days).

banjowhacker
    Free Member

Don't want plastic bags or spare feet to change into at work.
    Want trainers that look nice and that won't soak up water like a sponge or get my feet wet. For the last couple of winters i've used some Goretex lined and silicon treated Salomons. They work lovely but they're a bit clumpy for wearing round the office.
    Looks like i'll probably get me some of these then: Vans AWT

Pieface
    vdubber67
    Free Member

why not simply get some overshoes?

banjowhacker
    Free Member

why not simply get some overshoes?

Hmm… Had thought about that but prefer the prospect of a nice pair of new shoes.

Gary_M
    Free Member

Waterproof shoes won't really keep your feet dry from road spray. The rain goes up your legs then runs down into your shoes. Really the best combination would be a pair of goretex shoes and a pair of overshoes. Still won't keep your feet dry though.

banjowhacker
    Free Member

Waterproof shoes won't really keep your feet dry from road spray.

IM-significant-E they will and they do. I didn't think it necessary to add that I combine my shoe use with Goretex troosers and an eVent jacket (with hood).

banjowhacker
    Free Member

Or that my commuter is a proper fit-for-purpose machine with shiny black mudguards. 🙂

Viewing 17 posts - 1 through 17 (of 17 total)

The topic ‘Waterproof trainers/shoes for commuting on flat pedals – any recomendations?’ is closed to new replies.