Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • wat the good trails at 'Les Gets' & do i need armour?
  • antarcticboy
    Free Member

Im only there for 5 days with some mates so anyone been there before and can suggest what runs to take and what type of armour I need?…thanks Craig

Spey-Stout
    Free Member

Arm and leg minimum for a short holiday there. Even if you're doing XC, you don't want to be off the bike with a badly gashed knee or the like………. As I did that on day one a few years ago.

As for the runs, do them all.

coolhandluke
    Free Member

From Les gets, there is a nice string you can make. Take the chevanne chair lift to the top, race to the bottom, take the chair lift back up and head off to the left as you exit the chair and head towards Morzine.
    Follow your nose and turn left at a junction. Follow that to some probably deserted lift station. Take tarmac road up a few hundred yards and turn left through a path in the wall. race down there.

At the end head uphill away form Morzone for a few minutes and head off the road at a point that will be obvious on a bend in the road. Hea ddownhill and bomb it to morzine under a road tand then through a gate by a farm and then over loads of rickety bridges.

Take the plenny lift up form Morzine, race down the Plenny. take bubble car lift back up, head right off the lift and follow the wide track. Keep on this and follow your nose until you reach the last 1/3 of the DH run into Les Gets. Shoot down into Les gets then start all over again.

Full face lid, minimum of knee and elbow armour I'd say, fat tyres (2.5) and plenty of boingyness in your suspension to cope with the braking bumps into all corners.

Enjoy. 5 days is plenty. Your arms will ache 1/2 way down the Plenny.

the Plenny is a real hoot. Run into Les Gets is ok.

1st year I was there, I fell off every day. Mainly small off's (apart from the last day when it was a biggy and land in a completely differnt place to the bike sort of off) but the knee and elbow armour generally took care of me by sacrificing itself a it at a time. Some of it had BIG gouges in that would have minced my legs to bits, like 3mm deep slices in hard plastic…WEAR PROTECTION or you'll be ruining your holiday as the result of a little spill.

nickjb
    Free Member

What sort of riding do you like? There's everything in the area

hitman
    Free Member

wat the good trails at 'Les Gets' & do i need armour?

?

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

The topic ‘wat the good trails at 'Les Gets' & do i need armour?’ is closed to new replies.