Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)
  • Wasn't expecting this when I rode round the corner…
  • sweatyyeti
    Free Member

Wasn’t expecting this when I rode round the corner at Swinley a couple of days ago!

Excuse the dodgy video it was recorded on my phone.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_Z0mgBMFhpI

Bregante

I take it that prior to filming that you used the device’s primary function?

bruneep

see it far to often for my liking……….

loddrik
    Free Member

You could have at least spat on it FFS!

Where was it BTW?

McHamish
    Free Member

You must have been going fast to set that off.

Hope you called emergency services.

Taff
    Free Member

Are you the ghostrider?!

sweatyyeti
    Free Member

Yes called 999 first, they were already on the way apparently.

There is so much that has been burnt to a crisp this week. School holidays maybe?

http://www.getreading.co.uk/news/s/2091762_firefighters_spend_night_battling_deliberate_blaze

cinnamon_girl

Unfortunately this has been happening in the area for decades. What is worrying is that just to the SW of Swinley there is an area with livestock grazing (Highland cattle, ponies), all fenced in. There were proposals to have livestock on the RMA side, which just seems a stupid thing to do.

Certainly this evening, yet again, is the strong stench of burning. The affected areas all seem to regenerate though.

deadlydarcy
    Free Member

Any cremated badgers in there?

cinnamon_girl

Oh dear, I’m never going to live that down. 😳

😆

molgrips
    Free Member

Deliberately started? In the middle of the woods? Seems odd.

thepurist

Not that far from the local council estates & accompanying oiks (according to the folks I mentioned in t’other thread about cows etc).

ski
    Free Member

Do you have a lot of videos like this on your phone?

😉

timber

School holidays. We have a hill that regularly burns at Easter, though only on the side nearest to town.

After the holidays, there’ll be ‘accidental’ fires on our commons, that the commoners will know nothing about, but will be glad of the new growth that they think it will bring.

Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)

The topic ‘Wasn't expecting this when I rode round the corner…’ is closed to new replies.