• This topic has 10 replies, 6 voices, and was last updated 11 years ago by igm.
Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • WASHING MACHINE woes … help please!
  • Aus
    Free Member

Bosch Excell, good few years old. Stopped spinning so checked brushes and they were worn, so replaced them. All fine EXCEPT it’ll start the spin when in spin mode, start revving / building up and then stop. So doesn’t increase to full/fast spin. The spin mode should be 11 mins according to the front panel, but it does these half hearted attempts for 2-3 mins and then jumps to finished spin.

Any ideas? Wonder if the brushes aren’t making good contact (and if so, how to fix this?). Mrs A will be delighted if I can get it sorted!

Cheers

falkirk-mark

Belt tension?

Aus
    Free Member

The belt ‘seems’ good. And listening to the motor, it starts to rev up to spin and then def eases off. Does sound very much as tho it’s not choosing/allowed to go full tilt!

wwaswas

they have a sensor for unbalanced loads that restricts the spin speed – could be that?

Aus
    Free Member

was – wondered that. It had 3 heavy wet towels in it for the first wash after replacing the brushes so conceivably could be unbalanced. Have tried spinning with an empty load to no avail.

Can the unbalanced sensor get stuck, be reset … and where is it/what does it look like!

wwaswas

I’m sure theres a forum that specializes in diy domestic appliance repairs – there’s been links on here before – might be worth a post there?

DezB
    Free Member

http://www.repairclinic.com/Washing-Machine-Troubleshooting

Might be on there. (Someone in the office just sent that round as a mickey-take of the boss who was off cos of washing machine issues!)

coffeeking
    Free Member

Also check whether it has a rotation sensor which you may have upset during the brush change, it’ll likely spin up slow fine but won’t allow max speed as it can’t predict results.

Aus
    Free Member

thanks all. Checked the brushes and one seemed rather snug in its holder so wonder if it was struggling to make decent contact. Filed it slightly so as the spring can push it more easily and the washing machine looks like it’s spinning fine now (I hope).

But out of interest, coffeeking – where’s the rotation sensor/what’s it look like just in case.

Ta

Aus
    Free Member

thanks all. Checked the brushes and one seemed rather snug in its holder so wonder if it was struggling to make decent contact. Filed it slightly so as the spring can push it more easily and the washing machine looks like it’s spinning fine now (I hope).

But out of interest, coffeeking – where’s the rotation sensor/what’s it look like just in case.

Ta

igm

Lucky man – by the time I realised my Bosch needed new brushes it had worn the rotor – result dead motor. Try pricing a new motor for a Bosch. Then just buy a new machine. To be fair it was about 11 years old.

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)

The topic ‘WASHING MACHINE woes … help please!’ is closed to new replies.