Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)
  • Washing machine help! Won't Spin
  • phildowling
    Free Member

Got a Hotpoint Aqualatis machine that dosen't seem to want to spin. Runs 99% of its cycle before stopping.

All the lights on the front panel flash at once. Machine is empty of water at this point. I've removed the pump inspection panel and that was fine, didn't contain owt really. Also had the back panel off and nothing looks out of place, motor fine, belt etc. checked the connections etc

Seems to run everything but spin as normal 😐

Any ideas? The waste water did back up the other day but inside the back is dusty and the dog hair i found underneath was bone dry. (Bloody collies :lol:)

Cheers

pacemaker
    Free Member

Did you turn the power off and try turning the drum by hand to see if it is free..

phildowling
    Free Member

Now or when it's in flashing light mode? Both seem fine. It's turning at the mo just seems to have an issue with the fast stuff

falkirk-mark

Mine had a broken belt the last time that happened (zanussi) could be the motor brushes if everything seems in place

phildowling
    Free Member

Would it not turn at all then though?

spooky_b329

do you geta fault code?

http://www.hotpointservice.co.uk/hs/pages/content.do?keys=FAQ:ERROR_CODES

Once you know the code, a bit of googling may throw up some options, such as…

http://www.howtomendit.com/answers.php?id=157950

falkirk-mark

A motor draws more amps on start up (under most load) so if the motor is weak it would not start. iirc it is quite easy to check the brushes they are normally on the back of the motor held by springs.

project
    Free Member

There seems to be an ongoing saga with Hotpoint recently.

phildowling
    Free Member

It's just over 2 years old and we don't do masses of washing, would hope the bushes would out last that!

Fault code wise we've not got the LCD screen so we can't seem to find out exactly how to work out the lights compared to error codes.
    Google is not my friend tonight, just going round in circles.

Will take it apart tomorrow and see but it's probably a computer bit i guess

phildowling
    Free Member

Any Easter Sunday ideas out there? I have a feeling a trip to Comet is coming up 🙁

TN
    Free Member

Mine did similar (different machine entirely) and it turned out to be overloaded. (I'd put lots of fleeces and towels in)
    I had to take the door off to get some of the stuff out, but when I replaced it and switched it back on it started to work. No problems since.

I don't know whether that helps/is relevant but it might help…

phildowling
    Free Member

Did wonder that so we tried lights stuff (few t-shirts) in it and still no spin, calling the advice line thingy on tuesday to see if they suggest out usefull or just try and get a tech to come and visit for a massive fee!

jacko54321
    Free Member

EDIT – Sorry

radoggair
    Free Member

mine done exactly the same thing, different make though. I pu it on a boil wash with an empty load and that cured it

Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)

The topic ‘Washing machine help! Won't Spin’ is closed to new replies.