Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Washing machine ate my train ticket
  • oliverd1981
    Free Member

As per the title, I washed my jeans with the return potion of my ticket (already used the outbound) in my pocket. I do have a photcopy of the ticket from my expenses. Trainline and National rail enquires say no, but will I have any luck at the station if I look very disconsolate?

Have I just essentially dissolved a £50 note?

joao3v16
    Free Member

did you book the ticket online?
    and have the collection code?

if so, it’ll all be on the system somewhere…

although, unless it’s for a specific train/time, they might not believe you’ve not used it already

EDIT: i.e. if you can prove you bought the ticket they might re-issue the return journey part

rootes1

if it had been an actually £50 note you would have been fine as they come out of the wash fine as do all english notes..

sorry that does not help does it..

oliverd1981
    Free Member

I was going to add : “a very soluble £50 note”

wwaswas

I’ve had something similar, unless it’s for a specific departure date and time you’re stuffed 🙁

underthethumb
    Free Member

Slight hijack, reminds me of years ago as a young site engineer when my construction manager handed me half a dozen new tax disks for the site vans. Put them in my shirt pocket for ‘safe keeping’, tax discs dissolve too I seem to recall.

Try the honest approach at the train station, might just drop lucky depending on the mood of the ticket collector/clerk. Dont buy a new ticket until you really need to..

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

The topic ‘Washing machine ate my train ticket’ is closed to new replies.