Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • Was i right?
  • muddydwarf
    Free Member

Had to drop into the police station yesterday to report last week’s cycling-related assault.
    As i gave my evidence i couldn’t help but realise how silly it all sounded, i have no injuries & the only damage to my bike is a broken mount for my front lamp.
    I feel like i’ve wasted police time now.

BigDummy
    Free Member

The police like to be useful, apparently. If you were assaulted, properly like, then I reckon its their prerogative to tell you if you’re wasting their time. In a rational world, the police would rather you told them about unlawful acts of violence, and they might consider doing something about it. Probably involving putting up a notice.

If you hear them shouting “tazertazertazer” and then feel an excrutiating pain though you know you’ve been annoying them. 😉

millsonwheels
    Free Member

I think you did the right thing. I remember reading your post about the assault last week. Who knows if the guy has done this before and if he would do it again. Hope you have recovered and your work mates too.

cynic-al
    Free Member

Link to the thread please so I can scoff in an informed manner? 😉

muddydwarf
    Free Member
    muddydwarf
    Free Member

I’m fine, he only threw one punch & i easily parried that.

One of my workmates is still off work, he’s 60yrs old & having a hard time coming to terms with his attack.

RichPenny
    Free Member

Of course you did the right thing, people like that must be reported. Just because you weren’t injured doesn’t mean that the next person he assaults won’t be.

Look at it like this: You’re walking down the street minding your own business when someone drives into you. When you call them a ****, they claim its your fault! After arguing, he punches you, then throws your laptop to the ground and kicks it a few times. Would ANYONE in their right mind not report that to the police? Sometimes I think we cyclists have a bit of a victim mentality.

TandemJeremy
    Free Member

Worth reporting I would say if you knew the number. Maybe a marker will be put on the van reg no and anpr cameras will notify the cops when he passes and give a reason to pull him, maybe if he does it again the incidents will get linked.

I doubt it will achieve much but you never know.

alwyn
    Free Member

I got assaulted quite badly and the police did sweet FA. They even told me they knew who the guys were and that they had assaulted numerous other people, but as they were minors there wasn’t a lot they could do. Thanks police. Next time a good 14 year old kicking is in order.

cynic-al
    Free Member

Definitely right to report him, you’ve got the van reg and witnesses, rozzers should be able to convict him.

Think what he could have done/might do to someone else?

dooge
    Free Member

Obviously you didnt take it but didnt retaliate either. You did do the right thing cos next time the small-minded thug like ape decides to do something else and they are reported to the police he will get pulled up on it. You did nothing wrong, he did. Its not a case of playground “im telling!” because it could have been more serious. Idiot could have pulled whatever from his van.

Im sorry to read about your colleagues, just go to show their are brainless idiots out there who dont think twice about messing up people lifes.

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)

The topic ‘Was i right?’ is closed to new replies.