Viewing 22 posts - 1 through 22 (of 22 total)
  • Was anyone a bully at school?
  • Monkeeknutz
    Free Member

The other bully thread seems to be filling up nicely with the "I was bullied and the school did nothing" tales of woe so I just wondered if anyone would own up to actually be that seemingly rare breed, the school bully?

I wasn't but wasn't bullied either…I think I was the only one… 😆

Ed2001
    Free Member

Smee
    Free Member

The bullies at my school are all dead now.

tails
    Free Member

The bullies at my school are all dead now.

teach the feckers for picking your son up at the zoo 😈

Smee
    Free Member

They all hung themselves.

wheelz
    Free Member

They all hung themselves.

What, at the same time?

Was it some sort of suicide pact?

Did the subsequent police report mention anything about "suspicious circumstances"?

Smee
    Free Member

All within about two weeks of each other. In the same place – Many years after they'd left school.

So:

Close,
    Maybe,
    No,
    No.

Monkeeknutz
    Free Member

Hanged, not hung…

Smee
    Free Member

You seem a wee bit hanged up on that monkeeknutz.

samuri
    Free Member

Lets see. I wore glasses, teeth braces, had spots and did reasonably well in class.

No, certainly not a bully but I was made to be bullied for sure. They were lining up.

GrahamS

Prop Forward in the school rugby team, so I wasn't exactly a target for bullying (despite also being a bit of a goth in school). And I'm far too much of a relaxed, pacifist type to bully anyone myself. Just never even occured to me.

coffeeking
    Free Member

I'm also too chilled and relaxed to be a bully, I generally left people to their own devices providing they left me to mine. Of course I took part in the usual banter that occasionally went too far, but it was never intentional and never taken further once the person involved pointed out they were unhappy with it.

psling
    Free Member

I wanted to be the bully but all the posters off the other thread kept hitting me first and learning me a lesson…

iamsporticus
    Free Member

Ok I'll admit to being a bully in my last year at school, but please read on before condemning me 🙂

When i went to secondary school there was this kid in our class who seemed to have been 'blessed' with early puberty and spent the first 3 years beating everyone up and generally bullying us all

Tragically when we all came back from our summer holidays for our next but final year most of the rest of the lads in the class had all caught up with and were also now much bigger than he was

So we made up for 3 years of being bullied by spending the last 2 years at school kicking the crap out of him

And Im really really sorry 😈

skidartist
    Free Member

The only person I was bullied by is a long time dead now too. Self destruction but not suicide as such.

Broadly though, I wonder if people who were bullies remember themselves to be, unless someone directly reminds them. I wonder if they fully understood what they were doing.

I was on a late bus in brum once and a guy got on to discover four of his childhood bullies at the back of the bus. If those guys could have seen into the future they would have chosen anyone else to pick on. The scenes that followed we're violent but blimey they were fierce! The rest of us found ourselves as the jury in a kangaroo court.

joolsburger
    Free Member

I went from public school to the local comprehensive for a number of reasons.

When I arrived I was the posh kid who was going to get a kicking from Michael (the school oaf) at lunchtime on day one.

Michael got a beating and I never got any more grief.

I hate bullies really, really can't abide them.

catfood
    Free Member

No but I was in a position to stop people bullying others.

jimmy

I was small but never got bullied, except by my 'best mate' ironically. He was a cock.

I remember once a bigger guy (but in the year below) had been picking on a friend who was even younger. 2 or 3 of us had him against the wall asking him why he was bullying my friend and I shoved him. He started crying so I asked him whats up and he said "You banged my head on the wall". I felt really bad, apologised and left. Rubbish bully, me.

robgarrioch

The Crane Boys Deal With Their School Bullies…

Fortunately, the legendary bullying regime ('big Fergus') left before I had to experience anything. Remember thinking it would be like 'Gripper Stebson' off of Grange Hill.
    My cousin, who was big for his age (he's now 6'10), was always being singled out by a d*ck 5 or 6 years older, hadn't even gone through puberty & he was bigger than most at school. D*ck is now an alky working in some fish-factory, cousin's always keen to pay him a visit when he comes up (& that grudge has lasted 25 years)

Trimix
    Free Member

I bullied other bullies and those that deserved it according to our inhouse rules.

MikeT-23
    Free Member

My own experiences are informed by spending a bit of time in both roles, neither of which were particularly enjoyable for me.

Fate-wise, I like to think I'm karma-neutral.
    (I coined that phrase, so it's to be credited to ME, right? Any of you wimpy writers out there try and steal it for yourself and I'll see you in the car-park at the end of school, got it?)

If it's any consolation, I'm trying to teach my progeny not to bully, but also not to take any crap from anyone.

Interestingly, two of the bullies I knew from school-age days have also removed themselves from this life.
    There's gotta be something in that theory.

llama

Well ganging up on someone with your peers counts you know, so I was from time to time. Mental violence rather than physical.

One kid in our class left cos of it – serious problems. He was my mate at one point, but thats peer pressure for you. I regret it.

Viewing 22 posts - 1 through 22 (of 22 total)

The topic ‘Was anyone a bully at school?’ is closed to new replies.