Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Warranty Question
  • fatgit
    Free Member

Hello
    I bought a Turner Flux (09)in April 2010 from a major retailer and in September (ish) it snapped at the weld above the DW Link.
    I contacted the retailer and sent them the complete frame and long story short received a new front triangle this morning along with the original frame.
    I had expected the swing arm and shock to be removed from the old frame and attached to the new front triangle but this is not the case.
    Now it may be that the replacement took so long (not the retailers fault)that they have just dispatched everything back to me asap, which I understand but I just thought the frame would come back to me ready to be built back up.
    I am mechanically inept but have a mate who isn’t so its not really a problem but I may have struggled to do it myself and don’t see why I should have to pay someone to do it.
    What does everyone think?
    Am I being unreasonable?
    Cheers
    Steve

mrmo
    Free Member

standard clause warranty covers replacement parts, Labour is another thing.

TandemJeremy
    Free Member

I would have expected it to be built up.

Standard warranty may be parts only but your rights under SOGA is that you should be in a no worse position.

Not a huge issue tho I’d be more pissed off about the delay

hora
    Free Member

If you took it into the shop I’d expect a bike to be stripped then rebuilt- mail order is different.

However tbh the retailer SHOULD have swapped the parts over for you. That smacks of ‘we got our money in the original sale so anything else we mitigate any other costs’ to me.

Cougar

Dunno what your rights are here, but if you’d bought it built up then I don’t think it’s unreasonable to expect a ‘repair’ to return it to that state.

If the power supply blew up in my TV, I wouldn’t expect a warranty repair to consist of a bag of screws and components and a little note saying “off you go, then.”

billyboy
    Free Member

If you did the warranty through the outfit you bought the frame from then I’d expect them to do whatever labour was required free of charge. If you did it through another dealer then I’d expect them to charge you for the work if the distributor refused to ereimburse them the costs involved, which they probably would do because they’d argue that you should have gone back to the outfit you bought it from.

If you bought from CRC or similar, then you are probably just going to get the bare minimum because that’s why you bought from them in the first place. ie they operate on bare minimum prices AND COSTS.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

The topic ‘Warranty Question’ is closed to new replies.